Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 24-02-2011

hang in there and stay positive, spring is here soon

hopefully all the aches and pains disappear and that you can get a little waddling in, always works well as a stress reducer

keep me informed about how you finding the core exercises and what you are doing and what you find beneficial

best

TheEd
ps.. the wife is training very well

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 24-02-2011

Good to hear wifey is doing well...

Managed a 10km off-road MTB sesh at lunch, was v.nice! Got me puffing thats for sure...got back and did some stretching a few core exercises.

After seeing my oesteopath on Wed and reading a new white paper booklet with the lastest core exercises, I have just been doing v.basic static stability exercises...will elaborate some more in next few days...am tired and going to bed!!!

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 25-02-2011

good stuff D .. definite improvement in movement Wink

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 12-03-2011

Hope you and wifey are well? How's the training going for you both?

Am battling away to get my swerve back on. Doing the odd waddle here and there with a little biking, its coming back very slowly. Work is still a wrestling match, am starting to beat it into submissions and the masters study is still not perfect, we are getting there though! Hoping to turn a big corner this next week - a lot of change strategies start coming good now so will start posting up some 'waddle-stats'!

For now:

6/3/11 MTB-X/country/36:37/132Avg
9/3/11 Waddles/33:04/5.8km/HR u/a watch playing up prob 135bpmAv
11/3/11 Waddle/38:27/140Avg/7Km

All in all, struggling to get on top of work recovery. However feel a bit perkeir today. Might go out a MTB this afternoon to just start getting a routine in of Day1 Run, Day 2 Bike, Day rest, Day 4 Run etc...see how it goes. Next week away, no bike so will waddle day on/off,

Catch up soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 12-03-2011

Good to see you exercising and that you are winning the battle

it will all fall in line with the better weather that is sure to follow

nice going and fight the good cause

TheEd
[SIZE="1"]ps.. been a horrid winter this side, weather wise and illness for the family .. wifey is back up and running after a week malady[/SIZE]

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-03-2011

Hey TheEd,

How's you and the family over there - well I hope.

Still maintain the wrestling match here to get into a rhythm with the running training. Been deciding against the waddles due to feeling way too tired and preferring to MTB instead. Had a couple of commutes to work in bike last week, felt good and had a decent forest MTB session on Thurs.

Enjoyed an hours surf on Fri Confusedurf: - were very sluggish and weak in water, caught first wave and that was pretty much it...the swell seem to die off just as well as I was exhausted - back, neck and shoulders are hanging off at mo! Back to swim training tomorrow I hope!

Today finally got with energy to try a waddle. Managed nearly 8km at a approx 6:00/km. Av HR 136bpm - HR bit high, but not surprised due to lack of outings and any long sessions. It felt very easy and could sensed the old engine under the bonnet waiting to go.

Am still buckling down with my studies - have exams in 6 weeks - cant believe how quick this has come round. Work is starting to plateau so all should start coming together in next few weeks.

Might have a little surf late as the sunshine is glorious at the mo and there is a little swell coming - cant help. Might only get in for 1 hour. Will see how it goes.

Look forward posting some more waddles stat's this week :whistle:

Atb,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 27-03-2011

you guys have had some decent weather your side in the past week or so .. we still wait for things to warm up but at least the sun was out today

I shall also try to get 2 waddles in this week .. there is just so many bugs floating around up this side .. not healthy and a good summer is due

enjoy getting out and keep the gloves up

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-03-2011

TheEd,

Stat's:

Mon Eve: 1hr Swim training - 11 x 50m, 12 x 75m, 12 x 50m = 2050m

Tues pm Waddle: 5.5km/31:40/5:44/km/129AvgHR

2moro: Might cycle to work AM & another Waddle at lunch.

Used new pair of Asic trainers this afternoon - felt OK. Have been using Asics 3010's over last few years s. Tried a slightly different shoe to previous pairs - went for the Asic Nimbus 12's which are supposed to be for neutral or underpronators. I used to be an over-prontator, but after studying how my 3010's have worn with a s-shape from the outer heel to the big toe, apparently according to Asics this to a neutral pronator. Will have to see how we get on with them - happy days!

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-03-2011

TheEd,

Forgot to mention earlier, I entered a 1/3 marathon for this Sunday a couple of months ago its come around awfully quick. I thought it was in a fortnights time.

I feel ready to just waddle round and use it as a long easy run to kick start back into the 19-day cycle.

I have entered a big PB 10km race on May 9th - really want to make this years 1st peak. This is in 41 days. I could ease into x2 19-day cycles before May 9th starting tomorrow

Will use the sub-45 min schedule start with. Will back off accordingly if necessary - am feeling quite confident I can at last manage my energy better than last year (famous last words eh!). What say you?

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 31-03-2011

TheEd,

Run report:

Planned to try some 2km intervals today instead of tomorrow due to work commitments. However 60mph gusts of wind blew that idea away! Did an very hilly and arduous 6 mile wood-waddle in 57 min instead. Can feel the engine under the bonnet purring up a little...!

Going MTBiking tomorrow - going to be an easy session taking some newbie MTBikers round a nice little 90 min route. Planning to rest on Sat and hit the 1/3 marathon on Sunday. Hopefully it will be a nice morning to be alive and go and take part :yes:

Catch up soon,

D