Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 12-04-2011

TheEd,

Thanks for the advice re the windy speed session - actually did not far off what you suggested by backing off into the head-wind and then coasting when the wind was behind...

Over w/end went away and see family and some friends. Went out on Sat night in London for a few drinks and some late dancing! Was out till the early morn :whistle:

Was on feet in club for 4/5 hours - was great! It was a good work out and had incredible stamina. Paying for it a bit now though.

Also have a slight niggle on right achilles so need to sort out before waddling again. No doubt this spell will put me back a little. Not to worry as now building up for Masters exam in 4 weeks - its so intense and have so much work to do - its going to be the toughest month of my life :wow:

Will try and finish the current 19-day cycle somehow this week. Supposed to be Day 14 today - 30 mins easy. Planning to go for a MTB ride later to give Achilles a chance to recover...

Catch up soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 12-04-2011

let me know how things go Mr Bojangles

:jive:

cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 12-04-2011

TheEd,

OK had a crappy morning studying, turned it round this afternoon at the library. Studying at home is nigh on impossible!

Got home at 6pm and went straight out for 1:06 hr MTB offroad, 18.5 Km. Had loads of stamina and climbing power. Were going full tilt round some sections. Cant believe my cycling feels so strong Big Grin

Might waddle tomorrow at lunch, will see how feel in morn and then go from there...

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 13-04-2011

good to hear the cycling is strong Wink

enjoy the taking of control

Smile

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 16-04-2011

Hi TheEd,

Had poor recovery last few days. Been feeling bit burnt out since Tues MTB with slight cold symptoms trying to creep in. Kept at bay fortunately. No exercise till this morning:

5.3km/6:45Avg/km/29:31

Not quite getting enough sleep again, 6.5-7ish hours - should be enough - its the same old story though with not getting to bed early enough although have improved over last few days. Very frustrating. Can only put all this down to my study w/load.

Another bizarre occurrence this morning - had planned last night to run this morning, woke up and my left big toe was so sore! No idea where this came from - must be growing pains or something! Did let it stop me going out, was absolutely committed to going for a waddle and did so. Its still sore now, have no idea where this came from - is this what it is really like to get older?!

Going to get out tomorrow as well if feeling recovered - will try and do the old faithful 5.5 mile wood run, waddle of course. Have a 10km off-road race lined up next w/end. Obviously the 19-day cycle were on is ending tomorrow. Will aim to start a new one this Tues - at least I had some success at the start of this first 19-day cycle! Onwards and upwards for the 2nd one!

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 16-04-2011

growing pains ... I like that, the added extras for being young Wink

ice ice ice .. baby .. seems to do the trick

don't do anything hectic training wise before running the 10k

try to recover and so a few 'abbreviated' runs

best

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 19-04-2011

TheEd,

Brief update:

Sun: 7.9km/45:00/5:42Avg/km/137AvgHR

Was a tough'ish run actually. Were a tired from studying all day Sat. The sore foot/toe issue was much worse y/day after Sundays run y/day. Its a strange one. Have no idea where its come from. The source of the pain moved to the top of my foot - had some Ibubrofen y/day, feels slightly better this morn. All the same going to rest it from any running for next few days until completely subsided.

Mon: Swim training: 1hr approx 2Km in 50's, 100's inc some butterfly...awesome session. Didnt affect foot so all good. Even though tired from Sundays longer run, felt quite strong in the water although a little ragged!

Have a big MTB session planned for Thurs, prob 20-24 miles of off-road. Will see how foot is tomorrow, if not clear might cycle to work and avoid any runs till at least Fri - prob a waddle before Sundays 10km offroad race. This I feel is just going to be my weeks long run and only IF my foot is 100%,

Hows your waddling going Mr TheEd?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 19-04-2011

well D at least you have the desire and want to exercise

good stuff

TheEd
ps.. work commitment, lousy weather and the what not have all been not so good for the running lark however things have to get better

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 21-04-2011

TheEd,

Hope the work commitment has eased up - hows the weather now? Its been unbelievably glorious here...

Wed: No exercise. V.tired. Had to back off study due to feeling overloaded.

Thurs: 1pm - Hit Forest for MTB session. Approx 30km around Red Route (Intermediate) - body shaking good stuff. Went with work colleague who is trying to regain his fitness. Had to take it a little easy, which was all good for working on technique. Were in saddle for nearly 3 hours.

Felt remarkable strong on the pedals, no probs there at all. So thats encouraging. Concentration was lacking in parts, however technique has massively improved - skills and speed on some of the most technical downhill sections has transformed - however, still a lot of improvement to work on.

Had one fall on the most simpliest corner sections, I always have falls on the most un-obvious stuff. Feel onto left hand - lucky it wasnt a break tbh :whistle: Carried on, had to take it a bit easier.

Wrt the foot/toe issue - its subsides and then comes back. No probs on the bike whatsoever - however walking on it not good. Have no idea whats caused this. Have been wearing in some new Asics Nimbus - but they are super comfy. Cant quite work it out. Will see how is tomorrow - however improvements don't materialise might have to cancel Sundays 10km and get a Physio - will have to see. With the MTB feeling good, will just hit the bike to keep fitness up whilst foot heals - all good!

How's your w/end shaping up? Is Easter over there?

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 22-04-2011

hope all works out D .. hope the toe problem isn't something more sinister

sounds like you enjoying the MTB .. great stuff

TheEd
ps.. weather great this side .. work too much .. Google and their Panda has not helped .. weather superb and we have the in-laws here till the morrow, so all in all .. quite good