Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 14-07-2009

Hows it going?

Not the best here, been laid up with a mild throat infection - been off work to try and get over as quick as poss - hoping to get back on feet tomorrow.

I managed a 30 mins easy on Sunday, only to start feeling rough Sunday afternoon - its amazing how many set backs we can have! Makes you realise how good it is when things are working out!

Will keep you posted,

Best regards,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 15-07-2009

these things happen, hopefully things balance themselves out shortly

keep us informed

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 20-07-2009

Hows it going? Hope your running/training is going well.

Been trying to get on the mend here - still doing the DIY, its endless!

Managed a 30 mins easy/med run today - absolutely shattered afterwards, cant believe how out of form I feel. Going away to a music festival on Wed so going to try and keep things ticking over whilst there for a few days with a couple of 30-40 mins easy runs until I get back home to start trying to build things back up.

Will keep you posted, bye for now,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 21-07-2009

Hi D .. hopefully you back on track and the DIY is something to behold

you should be building on your fitness soon

TheEd
ps.. enjoy festival

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-07-2009

Hi TheEd,

At last managed to get out for a 35 mins easy today after 7 days off. Fresh back from a Music Festival.

After today 35 min'er, do you think I should start a fresh 19 day cycle tomorrow?

Cheers,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 29-07-2009

D .. a quick refresh as to when you would like to race again, please?

Then we can assess the next couple of days

Thanks

TheED

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-07-2009

TheEd,

Haven't got any races lined up until Sept at the moment - the 17th of Sept is the next 10K. I am going to have a search around in next few days to see if there are any coming up I can enter between now and then.

Feelin a bit tired today so might take day off.

How should I proceed tomorrow to keep ticking over?

Catch up soon,

Daryl

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 30-07-2009

OK ... consider doing 30 to 40 minute easy runs on alternate days

Then Tuesday Day1 .. 1hr

wednesday - easy 20 - 30 minutes

then the 2000's however if you are not feeling up to things then we should consider a 2 week build up followed by a 4k time-trial to set the new program towards the future?

Cheers

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-07-2009

Cheers TheEd, will let you know how I'm feelin by Tues for the 2000's.

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 04-08-2009

Hi TheEd,

Managed 60 mins Easy today - was v.slow, struggled to keep Hrate down at easy range. Feelin the burden of three days DIY in b/room tiling shower etc over weekend and y/day. Managed 30 mins on Sunday as well which went OK. Might try 30 mins tomorrow however feel like I will need day off.

Have a bumpy few days coming up at the end of week with some long distance traveling to visit parents and friends so might hold off the 2000's and keep the 30-40 mins every other day ticking over for now until I'm more settled down at home. I don't have a particular race to prep for in this month so prob best - would you agree?

Cheers,

Daryl