Running Information Forums
Sub 40min training advice please - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 40min training advice please (/Thread-Sub-40min-training-advice-please)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sub 40min training advice please - TheEd - 29-06-2009

Hi D .. a pleasure for the service given

where are you now with your training and how are things going, you mention the race the end July?

How are you feeling with the training currently?

TheEd

Sub 40min training advice please - Determinator - 29-06-2009

Hello Ed Thanks for prompt reply. Further to my post yesterday about recent training days, proposed 10mile race and your reply today I can tell you the following.

Day 13 58mins 30secs easy. Distance and speed? HR130av,142 max
Very humid, flat and partly off road.
Day 14 31mins easy. Distance and speed? HR130av, 138 max.
(TONIGHT) Very humid, breezy and partly off road

I am feeling great with no injuries. I even beat my friend on the Day 12 paced 5k. He has run under 40mins in the past and is doing this schedule with me. I look forward to doing each session and in a strange way even the 5x2k's. Mind you I have only done one session of them!

The 10mile race is not one that we have trained up to do but is part of a day out at a local show. I am concentrating on breaking 40mins 10k but do not have any local 10k races until Monday 31st August which is partly off road and road, with some hills (what are they?!!).

So....what do you think to us carrying on with the schedule and running a mock 10k road race this Saturday 4th July for Day 19? If not what do you suggest?

Thanks
D

Hi D .. what time did you run in that 5k paced, please?

It may not be necessary to run a 10k race this coming weekend and we could plan towards the 10 miler if need be

will await your reply

nice weather aint it

:yes:

TheEd

Hi Ed It sure is glorious weather. The only trouble is that it encourages beer drinking! Mind you I am limiting that! Here's a copy of my 5k paces etc. I did include it on my post yesterday. It looks like the sun's gone to your head Ed!
Day 12 5k paced run. 20mins 26secs, Av 4 mins 5secs per km.
Very humid, breezy and flat. Breakdown of k's:
4mins 7 secs HR 147av, 155 max
4mins 9 secs 158av, 158 max
4mins 1 secs 160av, 161 max
4mins 5 secs 162av, 164 max
4mins 4 secs 167av, 168 max

D

aaah ha .. Thanks

hopefully you drinking lots during the day to help recover better during the hot days

your progress is happening as you are jumping in form from one session to the next

you certainly are able to pick up the pace however I think after a few more 2000m sessions it will all come quite naturally (the ability to hold pace)

you can maybe consider doing 2000's this Thursday and then we start with the cycle the following week, what say you?

TheEd

Hi Ed I'm drinking plenty of water throughout the day as I sweat buckets when training. Thanks for honest feedback as usual. I'm happy to go for the 2000's this Thursday and change things round as you suggest. Please drop me a line to ensure that I've got this right as below:

Tuesday 30th June Day 15
Wednesday 1st July Day 16
Thursday 2nd July Day 3
Friday 3rd July Day 4
Etc....

D

Sub 40min training advice please - TheEd - 30-06-2009

no probs .. here is the format for this week

Tuesday: up to 1hr with a max not going over 140 bpm .. an easy run

Wednesday: 30 to 40 mins easy and relaxed

Thurs: 2000m session ...

Then if we can chat after the 2000's it would be great

Then return to day 1 from next week

Cheers

TheEd

Sub 40min training advice please - Determinator - 02-07-2009

Hello Ed Feedback as requested since your last post.

Tuesday 30th June
61mins 42secs easy 134av, 148max Partly off road so distance?

Wednesday 1st July
34mins 24secs easy 6.62km 5mins 12secs per km
Heart rates unknown as monitor gone funny

Thursday 2nd July (Tonight) Aim 5x2k
8mins 11secs
1min 26sec rest
8mins 7secs
1min 30sec rest
8mins 14secs
1min 25sec rest
8mins 41secs

Heart rates again unknown as monitor still very intermittent.

Myself and my friend were absolutely 'cream crackered' and stopped at 4 reps. This we felt was down to:
- extremly humid and very windy conditions
- no rest since last Friday

I feel that I need a rest day tomorrow as per normal Fridays on the schedule. What do you want me to do Sat' 4th, Sunday 5th and Monday 6th? Am I right in assuming from your last post that we will start the schedule again Day one Tuesday 8th July?

P.S. How's your running going in this humid weather?
Thanks again
D

Sub 40min training advice please - TheEd - 02-07-2009

Well at least you can blame it on the weather .. being too hot and humid .. makes a nice change

yes, you want to do that race at the end of the next cycle

Determinator Wrote:P.S. How's your running going in this humid weather?
Thanks againD

G&T is proving to be the right tonic

:yes:

TheEd

Sub 40min training advice please - Determinator - 02-07-2009

Thanks Ed and I will be having two or three beers tommorrow night.

As you said I'll start next Tuesday 7th July with Day 1 but whats the plan until then?
D