Running Information Forums
going for sub 40 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: going for sub 40 (/Thread-going-for-sub-40)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

going for sub 40 - TheEd - 19-11-2013

onwards

TheEd

going for sub 40 - gjoko - 24-11-2013

I went to the track this morning just to find out that Tartan doesn't stand for all-weather surface. There was a thin coating of frozen ice on it which I didn't notice at first.

+1° and moist

attempted 4k timetrial:

1|3:57
2|8:07...

After that my shoes started to slip so much there wasn't no point continuing. I feel it was the right decision as I didn't want to hurt myself. At least the effort was far easier than on the 5k last week. So leaving this cycle with an impression that progress has happened.

I'm thinking of starting another buildup or something. Doing these hard sessions at the moment feels too much.

going for sub 40 - TheEd - 25-11-2013

great stuff .. if things are getting 'liukas' it is best to be cautious

TheEd

going for sub 40 - gjoko - 09-12-2013

Hello!

I had a flu for a week but now up and around.

No special races on my mind at the moment. OK Half-Marathon on May, but that's so far away... I'm just trying to stay active during winter and on spring put my mind to running challenges again.

I've been doing 1hr easy runs every second day and commuting by bike ~20km 3-4 times a week. I'm also looking to do ~15km long runs on weekends.

Do you think this is enough to keep me fit for few months or would it be better to follow the build-up program?

going for sub 40 - TheEd - 09-12-2013

this should be fine for the festive season, come mid-January you can look to be on Build-up or go there the 1st week in Jan

al the best

TheEd

going for sub 40 - gjoko - 02-01-2014

Mr 76kg reporting in :o:

No snow on ground yet. Temps have been hovering around +5°

I started a three week build-up on Tuesday. After that I'm thinking of doing one cycle on sub 40 program.

I've monitored my HR monitor for 3 runs now. My speed 7.20-8.20/k and AHR 150-155. I'm not feeling sick or anything. :mmm:

Is there such a thing as going out too slow?

going for sub 40 - TheEd - 03-01-2014

this time of year is always difficult .. are you intentionally running slow or is this the current state of your situation?

look to run quicker for now, even if it is every 2nd day to recover between the sessions

for a person aspiring to a 40 minute 10k, you should be cruising at 6 minutes per k at around 140 bpm

please provide feedback, as mentioned, this time of year aint fun

TheEd

going for sub 40 - gjoko - 03-01-2014

The intention has been to keep hr below 150 bpm. That's why the slow speeds.

Today 40min easy @ 6 min/k AHR 170. Hearth rate seemed high but running was effortless.

On Sunday I'm going for 75min easy at the 6min/k pace. Do you think it's better for me to do the runs now at that pace rather than focus on keeping HR below 150?

going for sub 40 - gjoko - 05-01-2014

Today 78min easy 13.2km, 5.58/k AHR 174

going for sub 40 - TheEd - 06-01-2014

gjoko .. unless there is something wrong with your heart rate monitor, you heart rate is very high for such a pace

not sure what is going wrong however at 6 minutes per k, your pulse should be closer to 150 bpm

please keep providing feedback and consider taking your morning pulse rate for a few mornings so we can see whether you pulse overall is in fact higher

thanks

TheEd