Running Information Forums
How do I break 37 and 80? - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How do I break 37 and 80? (/Thread-How-do-I-break-37-and-80)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

How do I break 37 and 80? - TheEd - 26-07-2012

be patient .. allow for your 'feel good' to return slowly

TheEd
ps.. enjoy the youngster chasing Wink

How do I break 37 and 80? - Swerunner - 29-07-2012

Hi coach!
I've taken a week of, just relaxing antal taking a break from running. Today I started again did a 55' run. First 6k at 4'50/k and then 6k at 4'24/k. Felt good considering a lot of beer and approx. 5kg overweight Big Grin

How do I break 37 and 80? - TheEd - 29-07-2012

don't try to come back too quickly, as you could have a setback

consider doing the last week of the Build-up with @ 20% less effort and distance

cheers and good luck, may it all proceed smoothly

TheEd

How do I break 37 and 80? - Swerunner - 30-07-2012

Hi coach!
Ok, I'll do that. Started today.
Session: 1h easy, relaxed all the way.
--> 12,4k@60'42" (4'54/k) Hr: 139/160
Felt relaxed, no problem.

How do I break 37 and 80? - Swerunner - 02-08-2012

Hi coach.
Unfortunately I'm still not cured from my infection and now I'm om a 10dys antibiotics treatment Sad

I'll be back though, don't worry. Figured I give you my racing plan for the autumn. 23 sept I'm doing a halfmarathon in Denmark. Next race is in Göteborg on the 13th of october, also halfmarathon. Then is the NYCM on the 4th november. Are you going to transition me to marathon training in time? Otherwise I need 4-5wks to get Into reasonable shape. I'm happy to try something new, so let me know okey.

See you soon!

How do I break 37 and 80? - TheEd - 02-08-2012

probably best to do a normal marathon program approach for NYCM

here's hoping everything comes back together

Cheers

TheEd

How do I break 37 and 80? - Swerunner - 06-08-2012

Hi coach!
Hope all is well with you. I'm back at work after 4wks vacation. Could do with another week...

I'm getting much better now and plan to start running at the end of this week. It's 12wks to the NYCM, 9wks to Göteborg half and 6wks to Odense half.

I'm planning on following your schedule, with a 2-2'30'' long run/week. Then I do marathon specific training between göteborg half and NYCM.

Hope you still can advise me on speeds etc. Will start with a week of jogging though.

Cheers!

How do I break 37 and 80? - TheEd - 06-08-2012

Hi Swe .. if you willing to give the new program a go without looking for too many rewards then I would be more than willing to run you through accordingly?

Cheers

TheEd

How do I break 37 and 80? - Swerunner - 07-08-2012

Sure! It'll be good. I'll stick with the 10k program until 6wks to go then? Can I have a look at the marathon phase part to see how it looks and if it fits me?

g.edenro@gmail.com

Want to start running!!!!

How do I break 37 and 80? - Swerunner - 08-08-2012

Gaah! I'm so annoyed with this sinus inflammation. Really hope to get going at the end of this week.

Figured I'll need 1-2wks of just slow jog to get started? How do you think I should go about it? I have a tendency to go from 0-100% straight away... :jester:

Once I get going I want to optimise for the göteborg half (13th oct) and NYCM (4th Nov). Odense (23rd Sept) is a mixed relay with my wife Smile one half marathon each. I have no problems competing and using competitions as quality workouts. So I don't feel any pressure. I'll do it for fun, not expecting to be back in shape.