Running Information Forums
Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute (/Thread-Am-I-now-too-Old-for-a-sub-35-minute)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - BlackburnTony - 02-01-2014

Hiya Ed, just a quick question, what are the best ways now to try and improve my aerobic fitness? Thanks for the advice. Tony

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - TheEd - 02-01-2014

Hi Tony .. what is your week looking like currently

Day 3 to Day 8

Day 3 5 x 2k

what are you doing on the weekend

what distance are you up to? and what distance are your easy runs up to?

TheEd

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - BlackburnTony - 03-01-2014

Hi Ed, my weeks looking rubbish running wise, since Sunday's race.
Monday-Didn't Run.
Tuesday-Travelled to Hotel/Manchester used gym facilities ran 51mins (8.1miles on Treadmill)
Wednesday- 3.1miles on Treadmill then airport for journey home.
Thursday- Eventually got to bed 1:45am No run.
Friday-Plan to get out for 60-70mins

Tony

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - TheEd - 03-01-2014

often after a race things can be disrupted, so don't worry too much about it and plug runs in when you can

onwards and enjoy

TheEd

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - BlackburnTony - 03-01-2014

Failed to do todays longer run set off and could feel a tightness in the muscle/tendon back of upper left leg (I think its the semitendinosus) actually sore to touch. cut the run short (7K) and will just see how it goes. Might be best to start my 4th cycle Monday when I go back to work.
Thank for the advice...Tony

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - TheEd - 06-01-2014

ice ice baby

TheEd

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - BlackburnTony - 20-02-2014

Hi Ed, Last Saturday flew to Spain to take part in Sunday's Barcelona Half marathon, the one in which Florence Kiplagat set a new World record of 65:12!
I couldn't quite match that feat.. but managed a 1:18:44 my best time for 12 years, They only had over 50 age group Category (no 55, 60, 65 etc) finished 2nd out of 742 in this category, and at the present for 2014 I stand at No2 in the M55 UK rankings.
10K time still a major target over the coming months.

Regards Tony

Barcelona Half-marathon
Position 186 from 12,112
M50 2nd from 742
Time 1:18:44,
Winner Kenyan ELIUD KIPCHOGE 1:00:52

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - TheEd - 22-02-2014

78 minutes .. quite nice to be on sub 80 minutes

what are you planning cycle wise at the moment

5 x 2k and 6 x 1k

pace for these sessions

try to keep the 18k training runs every 3 weeks

over to you

TheEd

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - BlackburnTony - 23-02-2014

Hi Ed Unfortunately since the turn of the year been unable to have any structure to my training due to this ongoing problem with my right hamstring, just doesn't seem to be getting any better the pain is just below the right buttock. Because of the entered races (10K this coming Saturday) I've rested couple of days then put in an easy or steady run and few runs have been efforts, funny thing is the more effort I put in during the run the less I feel the problem. Maybe its because the harder I run the less I'm using my heel?

It's been a real disappointment, desperate to keep to your 3 week cycle..after this Saturday I'm going to give it a decent rest.

Am I now too Old for a sub 35 minute - TheEd - 01-03-2014

will await your status update .. not to worry about not being too consistent at the moment, however the number one aim is to balance things that don't worsen the hamstring

on many occasion with the hamstring time is the best healer

TheEd