Running Information Forums
Journey to sub 33k... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Journey to sub 33k... (/Thread-Journey-to-sub-33k)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Journey to sub 33k... - skeldol - 17-04-2016

This week ran 40k & cycled 30k.

Did a RHR check, it's still 49.

The 2k session pace ended-up the same as last time, 3:53, although effort felt less & was 3 beats lower on average. Also the track was closed so had to perform it on the road Sad

What pace should I chose for next Saturday's 5k paced? Was thinking 3:45 as my next target is sub38.

Cheers

Journey to sub 33k... - TheEd - 18-04-2016

3.45 per k should be a decent pace, look forward to seeing how you cope

try keep yourself relaxed in the 1k session

less is better currently

on we go

TheEd
ps. thanks for donation

Journey to sub 33k... - skeldol - 19-04-2016

Hi TheEd

I did the 6*1k today. Only managed a 3:45 which is 1 second quicker than last time, stayed reasonably relaxed until the last half k or so but to be honest not sure I could have done much more.

Last week I ran 40k. I'd like to try to keep a consistant 40k a week going. On my 3 runs this week I'll only bag 24k so was thinking of doing an 4th run on Sunday of about 16k. Not felt the niggle for a few days or I wouldn't be considering this. What do you think?

Thanks

Journey to sub 33k... - TheEd - 21-04-2016

You seem to be coping with things currently, so most advisable to stick to the 'less is better' routine for now

if with time you get your long run up to 18k, you will then be able to run a half marathon, if ever you have that choice

things look good

TheEd

Journey to sub 33k... - skeldol - 23-04-2016

Did the paced 5k at my local parkrun today. Didn't manage the 3:45 target, came in at 3:46. I definately did a few things wrong. I was too fast on the first 1k because I followed a pack of runners that all set off too fast (3:35). I didn't focus on the pace my watch was telling me and just ran on feel, and I didn't feel good Wink. I didn't focus on form enough. I mentally gave-up with about 1k to go (I always think this the most criminal act).

I will do the same parkrun next Saturday as my race. I'm going to switch my watch to just disaply average lap pace to make it easier to focus on. I'll keep form & sticking to 3:45 a priority.

I've noticed that when I was training last summer I was regularly hitting 189/190 HR (I was fitter & faster than now) whereas now I'm maxing at 185/186. Does this just indicate a lower heart rate due to being a little older?

Journey to sub 33k... - TheEd - 25-04-2016

I wouldn't become too hung up on the heart rate at present, as our major intention is to have you training without injury. Over time, the heart rate will return naturally

number one focus for now is to stay injury free and to enjoy the running process

on we go

TheEd

Journey to sub 33k... - skeldol - 26-04-2016

I've been doing cycles for 3 months, all be it only 3 runs a week. I don't have any races now(other thank park runs) until end of June. I was wondering about having an off week next week followed by 2 or 3 weeks build-up in an effort to clear my niggle once and for all.

What do you think?

Journey to sub 33k... - TheEd - 27-04-2016

you can try that, however, you need to add some exercises to your program to strengthen the area which receives the niggles

a maintenance program should become part of your routine

TheEd

Journey to sub 33k... - skeldol - 27-04-2016

i could easily add some weights into my gym session. i can never work out if the niggle comes from the achillies or the glute, seems to change. are there any exercises you could suggest?

Journey to sub 33k... - TheEd - 09-05-2016

Hi Skeldol, we have a very simple strength program without weights that can be added to your program with ease

http://www.time-to-run.com/strength/strength1.htm

hopefully this is something that can get you going

TheEd
ps. apologies for missing this post