Running Information Forums
How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to lose three minutes and three kilos... (/Thread-How-to-lose-three-minutes-and-three-kilos)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 21-08-2018

TheEd Wrote:Try get some consistent weeks together, so you can benefit from the training sessions

TheEd

I have been very consistent outside my injury, such a pity it came at a vital time.

Still I can feel myself getting stronger so a few weeks of solid training should be of huge benefit.

Felt good today for 10*400

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 31-08-2018

Hi there Eth, are you getting stronger?

TheEd

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 03-09-2018

Yep, but I've had to switch things up a bit to do it.

Ended the last cycle really tired and race didn't go well, so took a few days off and rejoined the new cycle on day two.

Going strong since but planning to bump day 12 up to an 8k so I at least have a benchmark of where I am before the 15th when I've got a flat 10k booked in.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 10-09-2018

8k in 33:24 so something to build on.

Won't be near 40 mins this time but hoping I can do the fastest time since my son was born two years ago which will be a good milestone.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 16-09-2018

So training definitely paid off. Ran my first ever official 10k race yesterday in 40:22

Personal best by more than a minute and by far the quickest I've ran since my son was born two years ago.

Delighted despite not making the 40:00 target and definitely have it in my sights now. Thanks for all your help.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 18-09-2018

what do you plan next El?

TheEd
ps.. congrats on 10k time

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 18-09-2018

TheEd Wrote:what do you plan next El?

TheEd
ps.. congrats on 10k time

Well I obviously want rid of those 22 seconds now Big Grin so I'll be booking some races.

First things first though, since the hockey season starts this weekend I can't realistically run another cycle until March/April time.

I am going rest for a few days then go onto your cool down programme for two weeks - http://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/offtime.htm. After that I still want to fit in plenty of running around my hockey to build up a better aerobic base for next year.

I was thinking of doing a six week build-up period, then going back to a couple of weeks rest then repeating. It's likely I will have to modify a bit to cope with training and matches as well but it shouldn't be too drastic. I plan to do the majority of my running as part of my commute so time isn't an issue, I'll just need to see how I feel physically.

What do you think of that as a plan? Is there anything additional I should do over the winter to maintain speed - perhaps strides or the occasional interval session?

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 28-09-2018

This looks good. A decent build-up should set you up for further progress

how far are you into your current training?

TheEd

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 02-10-2018

TheEd Wrote:This looks good. A decent build-up should set you up for further progress

how far are you into your current training?

TheEd

Just started my first build up period, day two today.

Have shifted the schedule along a day to keep long runs clear of hockey practice.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 05-10-2018

Great stuff, keep the runs at a slow pace, once you doing the fartlek sessions you should be feeling a few benefits

enjoy

TheEd