Running Information Forums
10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October (/Thread-10km-Training-Want-to-be-XC-Ready-by-October)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 06-04-2020

(10-12-2019, 03:26 PM)TheEd Wrote: nice Dean .. great to hear from you .. sounds like you have been rather busy Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

thanks for the contact, will tap on you again in the future

stay well TheEd

Hi TheEd,

I am still running and lurking in the background. I had recently been training for a trail Marathon, but it was cancelled 5 days before race day.

So instead of racing, I have done some testing, 1km, 3km and 5km so far times are:

1km - 3:18
3km - 11:09
5km - 19:19

I plan on doing an 8km test this weekend, then continuing doing some maintenance running until the race season starts again.

I hope everyone is fit and healthy and avoiding Covid19.

Best Regards.

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 14-04-2020

(10-04-2020, 05:35 AM)TheEd Wrote: Hi Daz .. grand .. how has the taping helped?

TheEd

Hi TheEd,

Has your reply ended up on the wrong thread?

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - shadydaz - 14-04-2020

Yes Dean that was for me!

(14-04-2020, 09:02 AM)shadydaz Wrote: Yes Dean that was for me!

That makes sense Smile

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - TheEd - 14-04-2020

Apologies Dean .. I see now .. how are you coping with C-19?

strange times I guess

TheEd
ps.. deleted post and then realised, I didn't have to delete it

(14-04-2020, 10:01 AM)TheEd Wrote: Apologies Dean .. I see now .. how are you coping with C-19?

strange times I guess

TheEd
ps.. deleted post and then realised, I didn't have to delete it

Hi TheEd,

Other than a constant groundhog day, all is pretty good.

Due to the C19 issues here in the UK I bought myself an Assault Air Runner curved self powered treadmill, just incase we end up with a France/Italy/Spain type lockdown. I did some testing on it last week, and realised that my pace is around 20% slower for the same effort.

It is hard to maintain training with any focus as there is not much to aim for.

I hope all is good with you?

Best Regards.

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - TheEd - 15-04-2020

HI Dean .. thanks for feedback .. recommend to put treadmill to 1% incline to achieve outside equivalent .. it takes a while to adapt to the treadmill and watch the calf muscles as it is also a different pull on the treadmill

as long as we practise a safe routine inside and outside, we should be able to tick along with a hint of normality

TheEd
ps.. our side, we have a low population density so it makes for a less hectic feeling

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 15-04-2020

(15-04-2020, 05:49 AM)TheEd Wrote: HI Dean .. thanks for feedback .. recommend to put treadmill to 1% incline to achieve outside equivalent .. it takes a while to adapt to the treadmill and watch the calf muscles as it is also a different pull on the treadmill

as long as we practise a safe routine inside and outside, we should be able to tick along with a hint of normality

TheEd
ps.. our side, we have a low population density so it makes for a less hectic feeling

The Air Runner does not have an incline function or a motor, it is powered by the runner.

assaultfitness.com/products/treadmill

The additional power needed is equivalent to around a 4% incline, it realy works the hammies and glutes!!

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - TheEd - 16-04-2020

He .. Dean .. well, that will certainly explain the difficulty Smile

TheEd

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - shadydaz - 16-04-2020

That is a serious bit of kit!!