Running Information Forums
10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October (/Thread-10km-Training-Want-to-be-XC-Ready-by-October)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 17-04-2020

(16-04-2020, 08:30 AM)shadydaz Wrote: That is a serious bit of kit!!

It is a nasty piece of kit!!!! It is like running in treacle Big Grin Big Grin
It really works the hamstrings and glutes.

Hi TheEd,

Decided to do a tempo interval session yesterday, 3 x 8 mins with 2 mins recovery on the treadmill. My god it was tough!!!

1st - 8:00 - 1.88km - 4:15/km - 171bpm - 271 watts.
2nd - 8:00 - 1.88km - 4:15/km - 177bpm - 271 watts.
3rd - 8:00 - 1.89km - 4:14/km - 173bpm - 272 watts.

I had my power and speed calibration set slightly low, hence the toughness!!! For the power I was running at, the pace should have been closer to 4:05/km (if compared to outdoors).

Planning an easy 14km outdoors tomorrow.

Best Regards.

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 19-04-2020

Hi TheEd,

I ended up running a little further than planned yesterday, legs were also very tired!!

Distance - 16.8 km.
Duration - 88 mins.
Ave HR - 161 bpm (higher than normal, suspect a bit of dehydration or fatigue).
Ave Pace - 5:14/km.
Ave Power - 226 watts.
Running Index - 61.

Easy 30 min indoor cycle today to help the legs recover.

Best Regards.

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - shadydaz - 20-04-2020

Have you got a footpod power meter for the running Dean?

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 20-04-2020

(20-04-2020, 07:27 AM)shadydaz Wrote: Have you got a footpod power meter for the running Dean?

I do, I have stryd pods. I use the older non-wind type for the indoor treadmill and the newer wind-type for outdoors. My watch has a wrist based power meter in it, but only works with GPS, and the GPS is terrible on the newer watches with the sony chipsets, so is never stable. The stryd pods give a stable steady power and pace which is worth its weight in gold when racing or doing efforts.

It has completely changed how I do my efforts, races and Time trials. It has stopped me blowing up during races with undulating or hilly courses.

It also helps compare efforts on my treadmill and outdoors. Once I had done the same tests outdoors and indoors, I can see the difference in power between both tests, so I do not over power on the indoor treadmill. The same pace on the treadmill produces 24.5% more power than the same effort outdoors.

On a flat course, power is almost a linear relationship to pace (except when windy) so the stryd only really comes into its own when not on the track or on a flat course.

Best Regards.

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - TheEd - 14-05-2020

Hi Dean .. how you coping with your routine and circumstances?

TheEd

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 14-06-2020

(14-05-2020, 04:42 AM)TheEd Wrote: Hi Dean .. how you coping with your routine and circumstances?

TheEd

I am coping quite well. Unfortunately had some health issues (UTI) at the end of April which made my training in May inconsistent, but now back on track and slowly increasing weekly distances again.

As a result of the medication (side effect is achilles tendon ruptures), the left achilles is tender so extreme caution is being used. It is not like I have any races coming up, so just slowly building as I still have 19 weeks to this years XC season possibly starting (covid depending).

Best Regards.

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - TheEd - 15-06-2020

Good stuff and sorry to hear of your complications

easy as we go

take care

TheEd

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - dmw9255 - 24-07-2020

(15-06-2020, 06:00 PM)TheEd Wrote: Good stuff and sorry to hear of your complications

easy as we go

take care

TheEd

I am still ticking over and progressing well at the moment. I am still doing a lot of easy runs and just watching my fitness and speed slowly increase to pre-covid levels.

Hope all is good your end?

Dean.

RE: 10km Training - Want to be XC Ready by October - TheEd - 28-07-2020

nice dean .. all good this side

Smile

TheEd