Running Information Forums
45 min 10k Training Program - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 45 min 10k Training Program (/Thread-45-min-10k-Training-Program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 02-06-2010

Hi Ed.

I understand for today is another easy run of approx. 30 mins.

I am feeling much better today. Pains have almost completely disappeared, I just feel my legs heavy, but I guess it's normal after the effort.

I'll let you know how things go this afternoon.

Thanks once again for your support.

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 02-06-2010

you will definitely need to focus on leg recovery and you must definitely NOT do any fast running presently

increase your protein intake to assist muscle recovery

and don't be in a rush to get back into training at this moment

TheEd

Hi again Ed.

I went for another slow ride this afternoon. Temp was a few ºC lower than yesterday and raining, which makes me feel better than when its awefully hot like yesterday.

I ran 4.43km in 30:41, so that's an average 6:52 / km. Still lower than my usual longer runs, as I took this as another recovery jog. I felt pretty good, and I could have gone faster and further, but I understand I am going to need the fuel for the upcoming sessions.

Now I'm going to do my upper body strength routine and complete stretching routine, as usual.

I await your comments regarding the next training sessions.

Thanks in advance !

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 02-06-2010

p, give yourself a few days recovery more and look to get back to routine around the end of the weekend

the fact that you 'died' so much the last 1km of the 21km shows that there is a reason for your body feeling a tad messed

give it time and also hydrate more during the hot days

you should soon be on the program

TheEd

Hi Ed again,

By recovery you mean I should take the days completely off, or just some light workouts as these days ?

As I previously said, I am in no hurry to get bakc to serious efforts, so unless you say otherwise I will just do 30-40 mins around the 6min/km pace until the weekend. Friday I have to take off, as I am working 8-15 and travelling in the afternoon.

Thanks.

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 03-06-2010

easy running for now so that the legs can recover

then we can start on the cycle next week Tuesday with the 2000's on Thursday

Thanks

TheEd

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 03-06-2010

Hi Ed,

did as you said and went for another slow run this afternoon. 41 minutes and 5.9km, which is a 6:55 min / km pace. Average HR was 138, although it was very hot and sunny. I drank lots of water during the day, with this in mind, and I am taking more protein in my meals.After the run I did some series of situps and pushups and my stretching routine.

Stiffness has completely disappeared in my legs.

Tomorrow I'll take the day off as I'm travelling after work, and will be very busy in the evening.

So, what do you reckon I should do in the weekend ? I think I could really use a long run Smile

Thanks !

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 04-06-2010

a long relaxed run should be great .. max 90 minutes ..

then you can start Day 1 on Tuesday and first quality session will be next Thursday .. so onwards and forwards

TheEd

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 06-06-2010

Done Smile

14k in 90 mins which is a relaxed pace of over 6 min / km.

We might have to reschedule next week, as most probably I will flying on Thursday.

Should tomorrow be a rest day or another 30-40 mins relaxed run ?

Thanks once again !

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 07-06-2010

easy 30 minutes unless you feel like a day off

these days are supplementary and tomorrow is the important session

If you on the road Thursday you can always change that day as the most important session of the week is Tuesday

Cheers

TheEd