Running Information Forums
45 min 10k Training Program - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 45 min 10k Training Program (/Thread-45-min-10k-Training-Program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 07-06-2010

Hi Ed and thanks once again ?

I was thinking of starting today as day 1, tomorrow a short 30mins and Wednesday doing the 2k series. Thursday is definitevely off as I have a flight confirmed, and next week I have the return trip.

Counting down the three weeks there is no reace planned in my region (there will be a 9,5k race on 04-07) so maybe another option is to roll gently for a couple more days, and Monday 14th start as day one with Wednesday 16th doing the 2k's ?

Does this seem ok to you ?

Cheers.

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 07-06-2010

That is fine .. Wednesday 2000's

look forward to your feedback

TheEd

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 09-06-2010

Hello Ed once again,

I have some feedback from my last training sessions:

Monday: 7.8km in over 58 mins. Easy pace.
Tuesday: 5.3km in over 36 mins. Easy pace.
Wednesday. Warm up and 1.2km very easy and the 2k series as follows:

8:46
8:49
8:48
8:17

I set my GPS to keep the pace between 4 and 4:30 min per k. The first 2 felt pretty ok. During the third one, I was falling a bit behind and after the first k I pushed it a bit to make the mark. After recovery I felt ok. Then in the last series, I ran at 4:20/km the first k and pushed it all the way till the end, because I wasn't feeling exhausted. Last k was 04 minutes exactly.

After that I went jogging back to my car for another 1.5k or so, at very easy pace, dropping my heart rate from 177 max in the last sprint to the 130's.

Pretty proud of these results. I am travelling tomorrow and I do need the recovery, but I can't wait to be back on track on Friday !

The plan suggest a 1:30 run. What pace do you reckon I should make ? Like the easy runs or around the 6min/km ?

Thanks for the support !

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 10-06-2010

nice going psycho .. a solid session

still much to do and gain but good to see you on your way

yes, keep the 90 minute run around 6 minutes per km, this pace will change naturally as you adapt and become stronger

the 1000's are always more fun after the 2000's

Cheers

TheEd

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 11-06-2010

Hi Ed,

some feedback from my run this morning: It was very hot, more than expected, as I tried to make it to the circuit by 10 am, but was delayed and managed to start only at 12. So it was well in the high 20's Cº, maybe even 30ish. I tried to keep hydrated, drinking every couple of kms.

I managed a session of 1:26, running around 13.61kms as follows:

5:12 6:14 6:23 6:13 6:04 6:27 6:41 6:06 5:42 6:42 6:08 5:51 5:25.

As you can see I started a bit too quick, and then tried to make a 6:15 pace. There were slight up and down hills in the course, hence the small differences. In the last 2k I pushed it a bit, as I was feeling good. I left with the feeling I could have rolled the last couple of ks at 5min or even less. At 5.25 I felt it was quite stressful, but bearable.

Today and tomorrow I'll stick to the plan of 30 mins easy running.
Monday should be the 1ks.

Thanks !

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 12-06-2010

nice psycho, make sure to eat and drink well after a 90 minute long run

good to restore energy

enjoy

TheEd

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 13-06-2010

Hi Ed,

I missed my run on Saturday, as I couldn't find the time for it. Nevertheless I did go for a walk on the beach and did some swimming. Legs were feeling ok after the long run the day before.

Today I went for an easy run of 35 minutes. I covered 5.70 kms which is a slow enough pace. It was very hot, mid 20's Celsius. Average HR was 134 with a max of 152 on a slope around half way.

After this I did my strength routine (abs, pushups, etc) and strecthing exercises as usual.

Tomorrow I should the 1000 series. Recommended pace is 4:10 to 4:20. Will do my best to achieve this.

Regards.

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 14-06-2010

look forward to 1000 session and hopefully not too hot during exercise

TheEd

45 min 10k Training Program - psycho - 23-06-2010

Hello Ed after some time. I have been absent due to illness since I attempted the 1000 series. I had to stop after the second lap as I had trouble breathing and after a few minutes my skin showed red bumps all over Sad
I have been to the doctor and have gone through a few tests, to find what appears to be some allergic disorder.

I haven't gone for a run since then (Monday last week) and today I went out for a 55 min run at 6/6:20 pace.

Can we try to retake it from here ?

Thanks !

45 min 10k Training Program - TheEd - 24-06-2010

Hi psycho, not sure whether this applies to you but is worth looking at

Exercise-induced anaphylaxis
Anaphylaxis is the allergic response that people get in response, for example, to bee stings. Interestingly, this condition has been described in runners.

The syndrome is characterised by the onset during and subsequent to a training session of redness and itchiness of the skin, face, palms, and soles.

http://www.time-to-run.com/doctor/anaphylaxis.htm

please read through the article and see whether you can see any similarity

Chat soon

TheEd