Running Information Forums
Consistent 10km improvement - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Consistent 10km improvement (/Thread-Consistent-10km-improvement)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Consistent 10km improvement - nickmac - 26-10-2010

Evening TheEd,

Thankfully, 1ks were a big improvement from 2ks:laugh:

1. 3:35
2. 3:38
3. 3:38
4. 3:40
5. 3:38
6. 3:38

Felt reasonably strong throughout.

Cheers,
N

Consistent 10km improvement - nickmac - 30-10-2010

TheEd Wrote:the extra information would certainly be useful and here at Time-to-Run we encourage that a heart rate monitor is used to enhance your training and that one learns the essence of training and that the data recorded shows you what is taking place when you exercise

TheEd

Hey TheEd,

Hope all is well with you. Thanks for the above information. I will organise a hr strap for my watch....

Also, just a quick update, I have swapped my 5km tt until Sunday as there is a local 6k fun run available tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm really happy with how my training has been going, I feel like I'm running a bit stronger (not sure if faster :laughSmile since coming back onto the program after build-up phase. Recovered well from 1ks on Tuesday too.

I'll update you tomorrow, talk soon and thank you for your help.
N

Consistent 10km improvement - nickmac - 31-10-2010

Morning TheEd,

It's rained solidly here for the last 24 hours, so 6km race was cancelled.
The local club held a track 5k t.t. which worked out well for me!

I ran 18:24 (p.b. for 5k) and felt really good. I started off comfortably and picked the pace up a bit at the 3k mark. Unfortunately I was a bit late leaving the house this morning so forgot my watch, but below is my 1, 3 and 5k splits.

1km: 03:41
2km:
3km: 11:11 (3:44 per k)
4km:
5km: 18:24 (3:41 per k)

Time wise this is only a slight improvement on my 4k t.t. 2 weeks ago. However, it felt like a more controlled run and I certainly finished feeling a lot stronger.

Thanks for your help and talk soon,
N

Consistent 10km improvement - TheEd - 31-10-2010

Nick .. was this run on a 400m track? If yes, then do you race on the track often?

nice going on the PB

you should get a fair amount quicker and stronger now

TheEd

Consistent 10km improvement - nickmac - 31-10-2010

TheEd Wrote:Nick .. was this run on a 400m track? If yes, then do you race on the track often?

TheEd

Today's t.t. was on a 400m track, the usual road race course was waterlogged, hence the track run. Would you consider a track race easier than road?

I do have a track 10km on 2nd Dec, this is my only normal track race of the year.....all other races are on road.

N

Consistent 10km improvement - TheEd - 31-10-2010

it is still your 5km track PB .. however track races are considered faster BUT definitely not easier at first and often slower than road races until you adapt to the laps

so on both counts the more often you race on the track the quicker you will become and it could go to say that if you ran on the road you would have been quicker than 18:24

so all in all .. very good

TheEd

Consistent 10km improvement - nickmac - 04-11-2010

Hi TheEd,

Hope all is well with you.

Here's 400s from Tuesday, felt really easy, but a little erratic. I wasn't really concentrating, so hence the lack of pacing. Pulled up a bit tight, but nothing significant.

1. 87
2. 80
3. 83
4. 82
5. 83
6. 79
7. 82
8. 83
9. 84
10. 83

Also, following on from earlier posts, I have ordered a hr strap so I should be able to add more training data shortly. Garmin are completely sold out at the moment down here, I must be in the wrong type of work :duh:

Talk soon,
N

Consistent 10km improvement - TheEd - 04-11-2010

grand .. what have you got planned for the weekend?

cheers

TheEd

Consistent 10km improvement - nickmac - 04-11-2010

I have 2 options at the moment, a 12k race or a 10k t.t.

My preference would be for the 12k. My current p.b. for the course is 47:24 back in May, so I should be a bit quicker this time around, 46mins flat would be nice! I'll do the usual lead in day today and rest tomorrow.

Does above make sense?

N

Consistent 10km improvement - TheEd - 05-11-2010

that sounds good .. good to have a little tester at the end of the cycle

Enjoy

TheEd