Running Information Forums
Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 45 Minute 10K Training (/Thread-Sub-45-Minute-10K-Training)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - dmw9255 - 30-08-2010

TheEd Wrote:Hi Dean, you must be patient as there is nothing worse that not being able to run because of injury .. so to avoid such happenings should be a priority[/I]

Forgot to add during my first post, that I have no patience ..... I do forget the limitations of my body, and as such have suffered some serious injuries in the past, these have generaly occured during 11-a-side football games, but I am now retired (or at least waiting for a new team to request my sevices).

The problem I have, is that I know I am capable, and should be able to run sub 40 minutes for 10k, just cannot get the body there quick enough (damn old age !!!).

I should be a lot more patient, as I could not run more than 2km before December without suffering very badly with my achilles, and had never even ran 10k (never even jogged this in training) until my first race in July. But as you will be aware, progress is never great enough or quick enough no matter how great or how quick, we always strive for more, and wonder why we have not achieved our goals.

I am realistic in real terms and know it is not likely to be until march that I will be breaking 40 minutes (I also have a half marathon then, but that can wait until after October for the training).

As for your wife, I am impressed with the determination to succeed with or without your assistance. My wife is equaly as determined, but normaly to prove me wrong......

Are you running at present, as I had also read that you were suffering from an injury, can't remember if that was recent or in older posts I had read.....

Best Regards.

Dean.

PS......I also like to waddle around my local parks....

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - dmw9255 - 31-08-2010

Easy waddle completed, 5km, 28:48, HR 134/143. Ideal conditions again.

Decided to do just 30 minutes as the legs felt slightly sluggish, don't want to do too much.....

Plan on doing all my running for the rest of this week early morning to align with the run on Sunday.

Dean.

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - dmw9255 - 01-09-2010

Another easy waddle completed. 5km 29:16, no HR data, somehow forgot to put the HR monitor on this morning......:mmm:

Thighs still feeling a little sluggish.

Dean.

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - TheEd - 01-09-2010

try to increase your protein intake to aid your legs to recover quicker

keep me informed

TheEd

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - dmw9255 - 02-09-2010

Ed,

I have been taking in plenty of protein, as well as fluids.....

I believe I am starting to suffer from overtraining (or may be coming down with something)......

I was incredibly ratty, tired and suffered a headache most of yesterday, and not feeling 100%. I am also struggling to get out of bed on a morning (which is very unusual).

I have decided to take today as a rest day I will see how I feel tomorrow. I may end up not training now until the race on Sunday.

I think the house move and spending most of last week working away and travelling has caught up with me, hopefully in a few days I will be feeling great again.

It has not been a great two weeks.........

Regards.

Dean.

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - TheEd - 02-09-2010

I don't think it is running over-training but more that running may be a stress at the moment, so consider

The Off Training Period

http://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/offtime.htm

for now

what say you?

TheEd

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - dmw9255 - 02-09-2010

We will see how I go over the weekend.....Things should be more clear next week.....

Dean.

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - dmw9255 - 05-09-2010

TheEd,

Completed the City of Salford 10k race this morning, new PB 44:18 (unnoficial). I measured at 10.03km, so stride sensor is doing pretty good.

The HR was high from the start, but was steady, unfortunately this stopped me from reaching my secondary target today. Primary target was 45 minutes, and this was achieved so incredibly happy. Secondary was 44 minutes, due to preperation and lack of sleep last night (family stuff), I am not disappointed about this.

Splits.

1st - 4:21, HR 175/195 (high was eronious).
2nd - 4:28, HR 175/182.
3rd - 4:27, HR 182/186.
4th - 4:29, HR 187/189.
5th - 4:26, HR 188/190.
6th - 4:24, HR 188/191.
7th - 4:28, HR 188/190.
8th - 4:31, HR 190/193.
9th - 4:21, HR 191/192.
10th - 4:13, HR 193/195.

I had an incredible stitch during the last km, not unexpected, due to the high HR during the race. I am very surprised I never crashed and burned during the run, but felt comfortable until the last km.

Again, I am pleased with this, and now hopefully can continue with the training. I plan on using wednesday as day one of the cycle.

What do you think??

Dean.

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - TheEd - 05-09-2010

congrats Dean .. the different barriers are often difficult to crash through, so sub 45 is a definite start

Day 1 .. a Tuesday .. if your race lands up on a Sunday then we change the last few days .. however for the strength of balance of the program Thursday is the 2k as day 3

there we go and again congrats on your PB

TheEd

Sub 45 Minute 10K Training - dmw9255 - 05-09-2010

That was a quick response, just checked on the website, and the time is official. Placed 14th in my category (Male over 35s), and 80th overall (out of 693 finishers).

Thursday it is for the 4 x 2k.... same time as previous 8:50 per 2k ???

I will report back on how the legs feel over the next few days. Hopefully they will be OK, took in plenty of protein straight after the run. Will continue with some light stretches and "pinching".

Regards.

Dean.