Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - TheEd - 23-03-2011

Good to see that you are bouncing back from your ordeal

TheEd
ps.. we should chat sometime

How to train - Raginglynx - 28-03-2011

Hi TheEd!

Sorry for not keeping the thread updated.
The race went ok. I finished at 30:46, which isn't a bad time, but not what I was after. After 6k when I pushed myself a little I came to retchings while running - twice. After that I slowed down to a pace where I felt I was "right below" it.

I've gotten the test results from the laboratory, which are perfect, so maybe I need to examine my stomach or something. I will book a time with the doctor again.

Next race I plan for is 9th of April - how do I schedule my running this and the coming week?
And should I increase pace now at the intervals?

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 29-03-2011

Hi C .. you should definitely not increase your pace for now but try to slot in a training cycle without problems

the fact that you are running consistently will lift your overall state of fitness however if you push too hard you may suffer again

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 30-03-2011

Hi TheEd!

I see..

But how do I squeeze in a three week program into only two weeks?
Less recovery days? Skipping out some of the quality sessions?

thank you!

All the best,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 30-03-2011

we look to do the sessions from Day3 to Day8

and then that is a good part of the training

how does this sound?

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 30-03-2011

Sounds great Big Grin

How to train - Raginglynx - 06-04-2011

Hi TheEd!

I've changed to another race the 17/4 instead. That way I will get the three weeks Smile

Another thing, my 2k sessions this round didn't go so well. I came to retchings at the third 2k interval during an incline.. I really need to see the doctor about that. I've read that some runner do have a problem with this, but I want to see if there's anything I can do about it :S

The 1k's yesterday went much better.

Here's the data from the past race and also from them

Race day – Vårtävling 8k (7777m), Skatås
Lap Distance Time AvgPace AvgHR MaxHR AvgCadence
1 7777 m 30:46 3:57 184 199 92

Day 8, sub 40 program – 2nd round
start with 6x1k R60 3min 45 to 3min50
Lap Distance Time AvgPace AvgHR MaxHR HR After 60 sec rest
1 1.0 3:49 3:48 166 174 91
2 1.0 3:49 3:50 164 178 119
3 1.0 3:52 3:51 171 180 125
4 1.0 3:47 3:47 174 183 132
5 0.997 3:50 3:51 174 185 134
6 1.0 3:49 3:49 175 184 128

Cheers!

How to train - TheEd - 06-04-2011

maybe3 consider to do the session 5 seconds per k slower for now or even consider doing a build-up period rather

maybe intensity isn't working out for you due to various stresses

what say you

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 16-04-2011

Boy I've really missed your reply post.. My bad.

7th June I'm going to China for two months. That would be a great time for me to do a build-up. At least that's what I was planning. I have some races I want to run before that. Also a few in August and September when I've come back home from there.

tomorrow I have my second race. We'll see how that goes, but I feel strong at least.

Would a build-up be a bad thing when planning to do races?
In that case I would like to wait till June if you don't have any objections Smile

I always feel good when pushing myself. I know that my earlier training between 2009 and 2010 wasn't ideal, but I increased my intervals a lot and I like to believe that that had something to do with me reaching down to sub 40 in a year.

With your coaching I think I can reach far below that! Big Grin

I'd like to cut 5 secs on the sessions Wink

regards,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 16-04-2011

good to have you posting C .. you more than welcome to race now and to use the structure of the 18 day cycle .. don't look to run the intervals too quick instead get the consistency going and try to avoid the 'retching'

after this cycle of races you can consider the Build Up .. things do seem to have been out of sync for a while

Cheers

TheEd
ps.. we still need to chat, both been busy