Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 12-05-2011

I have a race on Saturday. Earlier, when I have only had 2 weeks of program in between races I've done the session of 30 min easy and 6 x 1 min of race pace with 1 min of easy in between on the thursday. That is normally done on the third program-week, which I don't have.

I thought it to be a good session a couple of days before race - do you think I should continue like that and do that session today or should I just do an easy 1 hour?

yesterdays run was a very easy 1 hour. I did it with a friend so the talking kept the hr higher than it usual is Smile

Thu May 11 - 1 hour easy
1:02 - 10.61 km - 5:52 - 130

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 12-05-2011

The 6 x 1 minute fast / 1 minute slow

is the standard procedure before a race

enjoy

TheEd
ps.. good to have company on the easy runs, keeps it more relaxed

How to train - Raginglynx - 15-05-2011

I am very satisfied with yesterday's race.
I went in to the start rush, but pushed myself down after a half km. The first 5km were fast and I couldn't keep it up at the second half of the race. However, I only dropped a few secs/km. In the whole last km I managed to sprint, which I usually just manage to do at the last few hundred meters.

I finished at 3rd or 4th place at the time 38 minutes, which is a big improvement from my last race at 39:11. I think the track measured a little less than 10k, but not much. The pace was 3:48 min/km.

Not overly tired afterwards, but I feel I did the most of it anyway Big Grin

Later today I will do my 1 hour easy for recovery.

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 15-05-2011

congrats, now don't get over excited, take the foot off the pedal for a few days and recover nicely

provide feedback Tuesday to let me know how you feeling

well done

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 17-05-2011

in the beginning of yesterdays run I had pains in the Achilles tendon. I was just in the beginning, then I didn't feel it anymore. What do you think?

I tried to reproduce it by jumping on toes and everything, but it didn't show again.

Today during the night I felt a cold build up, also

It's in the throat, I feel a little tired in the body, but not much.

What do you suggest about training?

I really don't want to lose my fitness now :S

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 17-05-2011

C .. don't ever try reproduce a pain by doing what you were doing .. if you were unlucky u could have ruptured your achilles

of course you will have aches and pains, you just ran and raced a PB over 10km

you must think wisely and focus on recovery after hard runs and training sessions

please provide feedback and cut all runs for the next day or 2 by 20%

cheers

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 17-05-2011

Ok, I'll think of that in the future.

For today and tomorrow I run only 40 min easy then.

How to train - TheEd - 17-05-2011

30 minutes is even fine

however recovery is aided by consistency and via the build up

so remember this when it comes to the Build Up in the future and the recovery runs

you progressing well but must exercise caution

cheers

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 18-05-2011

Yesterday I did a very easy run during lunchtime.
in the beginning, during the first minute the achilles tendon hurt a little at some steps. Then it went away. It came back after 5 minutes, but just for a few steps. After that I didn't feel it anymore.
I ran for 37 minutes.

6.36 km - 5:49 min/km - 123 in avg hr

In the evening I wanted to heat the achilles, like you suggested on chat, but the children have played it gone (it's shaped as a pig they like to play with). I will try to find it today. I tried to warm it for some time though with my hands.

Should I go for a copy of yesterdays run today?

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 18-05-2011

I did a similar run. The achilles tendon acted exactly the same way today. When I walk normal I don't feel it at all.

My cold is a little worse today. I have a runny nose, but else it's pretty much the same - a little sore throat.

I ran for 36:41 min

6.32 km - 5:48 min/km - 123 in avg hr

What should I do about the 5 x 2k session tomorrow? Is it wise to do it? What will happen with my race performance next race in one and a half week if I don't do it?

rgds,
Christian