Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 13-06-2011

Have been here in Fuzhou for a week soon.. I've been running every other day for 1 hour. It's much harder to run after HR here, since it gets so high of the tropical climate. It's always around 30 degrees C and moisty. So today I started running after pace instead, else I will be walking soon..

The injury hasn't healed fully. I still feel it sometimes. However it's getting better for every day.. Now the two prescribed weeks have passed - what should I do? Go for build-up?

The doctor was sure it would be healed after two weeks - what should I make out of that it hasn't.. That he has misjudged it?

What do you think?

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 14-06-2011

repeat the 2 weeks so as to give you time to adapt to the climate and further time for the achilles to heal completely

run free

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 14-06-2011

Ok, I will Smile

Do you think these 4 weeks of recovery will weaken my running performance a lot? I know it's necessary for the injury, but I can't help to think about it.

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 14-06-2011

your number one priority should be focused on recovery and not performance

don't keep looking for results, run and be free

control the mind and one day you will notice you are running and there are no niggles or worries

looking for results etc now is a negative, focusing on being running free is a positive

hope this helps

TheEd
ps.. Let it Be

How to train - Raginglynx - 15-06-2011

Nice talking to you yesterday Smile

Today I changed my pace to a little under 5:00
It didn't go so well.. Perhaps it was that I ran at 33 degrees in the middle of the day, perhaps that I changed my pace so quickly.. Or maybe I wasn't ready for it.

I felt after 30 min that I wouldn't last for one hour.. By 35 minutes I had run one lap and I had thoughts about just going for 10 minutes more.. However, when I had run 5 minutes more and was about to turn home again I changed my mind and ran the lap, though with a shorter track..

I didn't have my HR monitor, but when I stopped running after 52 minutes I was exhausted and my pulse were around 180..

What do you think?
Should I take it in steps instead.?
Next time I will run early in the morning when it's at least around 25 degrees only..

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 15-06-2011

take it in steps and take it easy

get in touch with how you feel and try to get the balance right

TheEd
ps.. great chatting yesterday

How to train - Raginglynx - 15-06-2011

By the way, I didn't have one single niggle at this run.
Before I've experienced the same when I've increased the speed just a little. But I have rejected it as me having strange ideas...

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 21-06-2011

I've had a truly fantastic weekend, travelling to a small Chinese village consisting of 13 houses, most people living there being rice farmers.

But more about that in the blog.

I had a run there among the rice fields, tough as few runs because of the heat I couldn't run away from, but still nice. And yesterday morning I took a run in Fuzhou too. At none of the last three runs I've had no niggles in my right foot. Neither in between. It feels really great to finally be rid of it Smile

Sun 19 June – easy recovery run up in the mountains and rice fields of Masha area, China

11.09 km – 5:26 min/km – 162 in avg hr

Tue 21 June – In fuzhou

1:06 - 12.68 km – 5:15 min/km – 150 in avg hr

How to train - TheEd - 21-06-2011

please send me images Wink

How to train - Raginglynx - 21-06-2011

Gallery posted in the blog Smile

I hope you will enjoy them. It was indeed a very nice experience.