Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 04-07-2011

Felt heavy and out of energy today. Had switched to other shoes, but I don't believe it was that. I did some leg exercising earlier in the day, though.

Tue 5 July – Easy run in fuzhou

40:06 – 8.16 km – 4:55 min/km – 162 in avg hr

How to train - TheEd - 05-07-2011

Hi Christian, you have been off and then you had a good run when you came back .. instead of running every 2nd day to aid your return you have overloaded your system.

Please learn from the experience

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 05-07-2011

Yes, and today I felt something in the achilles in the morning. It wasn't pain, but something..

Should I take one step back or just go on with 40 min every day and do self-treatment with ice and stretching?

Is it a good idea to start on the program now?

I wouldn't want to make this worse again..
I thought it was good after two weeks of nothing.

It wasn't pain, but more like a little feeling of stretch in the achilles..

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 06-07-2011

Only ran half an hour today. Been stretching the calf muscles and achilles several times today. No pain. Only in the morning, like I wrote in my earlier post. Stretched before running and Immediately after. I also applied ice for 10 minutes after the running.

Any propositions?

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 06-07-2011

C .. keep things easy for now .. run every 2nd day and hopefully with the extra day rest you are able to achieve some form of a rhythm before going onto a program again

hopefully after a week or two things get better

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 07-07-2011

Did my run like we talked about today. No look at the watch, no run after pace, time or heart rate. Just run. Yesterday I didn't run - from now on it's every other day. I've done some strengthening exercises for the achilles and calf muscles which feels good. A lot of stretch, icing and elevation of it too..

Strange is, when I ran "relaxed" without looking I noticed afterwards that I had been running at a quite high pace. The only thing that was tough was the breathing - but it always is here in this climate.

Like every time I don't have any niggles during my run. It has just shown a little in the morning and sometimes when I walk up stairs during the day.

stretched and iced 2 times afterwards now, it's time to sleep. Tomorrow I'm going to Quanzhou where Marco Polo were..

Fri 8 July – Easy run in fuzhou

43:41 – 9.11 km – 4:48 min/km – 156 in avg hr

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 08-07-2011

as long as you keep it relaxed and enjoy and then have something to build on after a week or two

enjoy weekend

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 10-07-2011

Haven't been feeling any niggles this weekend. Am doing my best to keep them away when it comes to strengthening, icing and such.

Today's run felt good.

Sun 10 July – Easy run in fuzhou

46:23 – 9.47 km – 5:08 min/km – 166 in avg hr

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 11-07-2011

nice to hear

onwards and forwards

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 12-07-2011

At yesterdays run I had a few niggles. Not very apparent, but I still felt them. I did all my best not to focus to much on them, but I felt that I needed to slow down in the end.

It's all so strange. They seem to come all randomly. Sometimes I just stand still and don't move at all and there it is.. And when I walk around it doesn't. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm warmed up or not either..

It's not on the achilles, more somewhere at the joint, but I can never feel any pain when I search for it with my hands. Nowhere..
I'm all confused. If I didn't know better I would think it had something to do with nerves..

I've read around, and I seem to have insertional achilles tendonitis. However, I have no visible swelling or thickening - and, like I wrote above - I'm not tender to any touch, hard as soft. So it can't be that severe.. Only - it won't go away.

Tue 12 July – Easy run in fuzhou

41:04 – 8.12 km – 5:04 min/km – 150 in avg hr

rgds,
Christian