Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - TheEd - 24-08-2011

was only thinking about you yesterday

hope it all goes well and enjoy

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 24-08-2011

Thank you! Hope so too.. Have had 4 weeks of summer holiday now with the family, so haven't been so active on the forum or on the blog, but next week I'm back to work again and onto it all..

However the achilles tendon injury feels stable even if it hurts once or twice a week. The orthopedic told me that I can stretch the calfs quite hard now, and when doing that the small pain I have disappears totally immediately.

Hope everything is well with you and the family too and that you've had a great summer this far Smile

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 29-08-2011

On Saturday's 10k race I ran at 40:05. My 2nd half was faster than the first. Considering my lack of training and that it rained and that we had to wait for the start 30 min in the cold due to police complications along the track, I guess I couldn't have done better.

Now I'm up for the new challenge of getting back to my fitness in May this year.

Today's run went well. Windy, but it's welcoming compared to the heat in China Smile

Midnattsloppet, Göteborg (Midnight run, Gothenburg) 27 August
Mark – Time – Split – Avg pace
5km – 20:21 – 20:21 – 4:05
End – 40:05 – 19:44 – 3:57

Mon 29 August – Easy run
1:00 – 12.03 km – 4:59 min/km – 155 in avg hr

How do you think I should proceed now?

I feel stable and very aware of my limitations. I have it all under control and even if I once or twice a week feel a niggle in the achilles i have no problems neither during running or after..

I myself feel that I'm ready for an advance. Maybe start on the program again, but a little modified.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 29-08-2011

as we know Day 3 to Day 8 are the most important training sessions

so if you able to do a few of those sessions without aggravating the achilles then we should be on our way

so Thursday if you did 4 x 2k with Rest 2minutes at 4 minutes per k for 8 minutes, then this would be a decent session to build on

we can discuss the weekend session after this

TheEd

Sounds great! I'm intrigued!

Should I do the easy runs at 5 min/km and 1 hour each?

Next race I'm booked for is 17th September.

rgds,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 30-08-2011

Of course, now when I'm about to get started I'm getting a cold.. Today I feel it a little in the throat - a little soreness.

No good to run then..
I'll just have to ride it out

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 31-08-2011

Could be expected .. hard 10k on little training and now change of season

so deal with it in a sensible way and stay positive

onwards and forwards

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 31-08-2011

I will. Thank you for the encouragement Smile

How to train - Raginglynx - 07-09-2011

Since the race...

First run, on the monday went fine. Then I had an unfortunate cold, so I didn't run until last Saturday. Then I felt strange pains in both the calves. Very locally too. On the left leg, a small place on the outside of the calf and on the right leg a bigger place on the back of the calf.

They both pained when I ran.

After that I took it easy on the Sunday and didn't run. Before that I had thoughts on running on Sunday too, but then I didn't.

This monday I ran 1 hour easy. It felt much better, but it was still there. But it felt good enough to run on the Tuesday too, so I did. So yesterday (Tuesday) I ran again, for 50 minutes, which felt really good.

And today I'm all good, so I'm thinking about running today too and go on with the program.

How do you propose I should do the program?
How long time for easy runs?
What pace or HR?

Next race is 17 September

Mon 5 September – Easy run
1:00 – 12.05 km – 4:57 min/km – 157 in avg hr

Mon 6 September – Easy run
0:52 – 10.28 km – 5:04 min/km – 154 in avg hr

Regards, Christian