Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 30-10-2011

Yes I know, that's what I'm afraid of Smile (about winter and consistency)

Yesterday I did an hour run instead of 90 min run, which I planned to take today instead. Only today I got choked with things to do - a course exam for one..
So.. No running today.

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 31-10-2011

nice to get your longer run in

when do u do the 'lovely' 5 x 2k session again?

Cheers

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 31-10-2011

I did it last week, but the watch stopped working during it, so I tried to maintain a race speed and ran for 8 minutes at a time instead.

Do you suggest that I do it again this week?

rgds,
Christian

How to train - TheEd - 31-10-2011

apologies, must engage brain .. I did read that ..

No need to redo .. move onto 6 x 1k for tomorrow

and enjoy

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 31-10-2011

No worries Smile

You have a lot of data to go through with all the people you give great feedback to here. It's only human to miss a thing or two Wink

Did the 1 hour easy today.

How to train - Raginglynx - 14-11-2011

I have been good since last time I wrote and done all my running. Tomorrow I'm beginning a new round of the program again. I know I haven't been good with my posting though. There's just a lot going on now and I can't find the time. Hopefully it will get better.

Soon I will do a post with all my latest running..

Have fun!

Christian

How to train - TheEd - 14-11-2011

was only thinking about you in the last couple of days

hope all is going well with you

all the best

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 29-11-2011

The running haven't been so consistent lately. Tough storms, hard rain and an infection. I only ran 30 km last week and also had to break my 5x2k. Something felt wrong from the beginning about the endurance and strength and it kept feeling like that. After 3 sessions I broke. I had nothing more to give. Now afterwards I realise that I might have had the infection all along, but it maybe hadn't shown yet in other ways.

I should have monitored my morning heart rate better, though.

Today was the first run in many days. I took it really easy since I didn't know if the infection was there in the background. But it felt good, and I felt strong.

29 nov - easy run along Mälarstranden
1 hour - 10.2 km - 5:58 min/km - hr 138

Take care!

How to train - TheEd - 30-11-2011

be patient with things it is always difficult at this time of year .. it has been a very unsettled year so don't create 'great expectations' and I still believe you are capable of running well, just remember this thing called LIFE often can get in the way Wink

onwards and forwards

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 11-12-2011

Thank you for the comforting words TheEd Smile

I really look forward to more positive times to come. In fact I can see them coming. The bad running times now carry other fortunate times too. Like the fact that we got ourselves a houselot and are building a house next spring. The planning and pre-work for that project takes a lot of the time now..

I haven't been running for three day's before today again. A lot of that lately..

Sun 11 dec – easy run in Alingsås
1:00.55 – 12.06 km – 5:03 min/km – hr 154

All the best!
Christian