Running Information Forums
How to train - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to train (/Thread-How-to-train)

How to train - Raginglynx - 30-04-2012

Besides that should I follow the aerobic schedule?

Monday- 30 to 40 minutes easy (short day to recover from the long Sunday run)
Tuesday- 60 minutes easy
Wednesday- 45 minutes easy with 5x 100 meter strides at about 5k pace
Thursday- 90 minutes over hills (easy effort on the hills)
Friday- 45 minutes easy
Saturday- 30 to 40 minutes easy (short day in preparation for the long run the next day)
Sunday- 2+ hours on a soft surface road or trail at a very easy effort

Or should I go with 1 hr or 12 km runs every day instead at aerobic pace?

How to train - Raginglynx - 02-05-2012

How long distance or how much time should I run the aerobic runs every day until the race? What's the schedule`
Should I follow Daves schedule except the 15 min you mentioned?
Or should I run 1 hour or 12 km every day?

How to train - TheEd - 02-05-2012

you can run 10k the one day and 1hr every other day with a speed up the last 15 minutes of the 1hr

and then you can switch to the last week of the 10k program in the last few days before the event

is this OK?

you simply have to roll towards the event

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 06-05-2012

I've done two of the aerobic runs now with the last 15 min at race pace.
Problem is, I have a hard time keeping even the pace 4:05 min/km!!

My ambition was at least 4:00 min/km during the half marathon.
I don't know how I'm supposed to handle that, or even 4:10 for 1 hour and 30 minutes!

I feel disappointed already Sad
I know that the building takes a lot of my energy, but since my intervals have gone so good I thought I had more in me than this.

How to train - TheEd - 07-05-2012

C .. you cannot hope to run 4 minutes per k if you not training

be logical and note that you can only do what you can only do

don't create unnecessary expectations

you need consistency and this you have not been able to achieve due to so many changes etc etc

be happy that you running and enjoy running for what it is, an expression of movement that provides joy

do not create unnecessary expectations that lead to negative emotions

onwards and forwards

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 07-05-2012

I've had a couple of weeks off this year, but I did the build up with 1 hour running every day for at least 3 months and have done the sub 40 program 2 times in a row this year. During those the intervals have gone very good. That's why I thought I had some fitness in me

Sure, there has been some small sickness interruptions, but I have been training a lot still. Should a couple of days off now and then do so much?

Shouldn't around 70 km running per week count for something? Maybe I'm just naive to believe that it would.

I at least believed I would have higher fitness than this.

How to train - TheEd - 07-05-2012

apologies C .. from what I have read you have not been that healthy etc .. I didn't realise that you have been putting the training in

for an 84 minute half you should be able to run 38 minutes for 10km

sorry for my misunderstanding

TheEd

How to train - Raginglynx - 08-05-2012

It's ok, nothing to worry about Smile
I'm just a little disappointed in myself.

I won't be able to run a 10k in 38 min, but maybe between 39 and 40 min.
What should I then aim for in the half marathon to be realistic?

best regards,
Christian

How to train - Raginglynx - 20-05-2012

Last weekend I ran the Gothenburg half marathon, which started out as quite stressful. I almost didn't make it to my start group, which was the 4th out of 24.

On top of that I had worked every day during the week for 16 hours on the house. The last two days I laid the floor-heating, which meant kneeling continously.

That meant no running at all from the Sunday until the Saturday when the race took place.

So I was quite tired when going to the race. I had hopes for running at least around 1:30.

The first 12 km went fine. I had a pace of around 4:00-4:10. I didn't feel tired at all. Then suddenly all energy and strength went out of my legs. There was no problem for the heart and breating keeping up. Only the legs. Then I knew I would only lose in pace until the finish line - I was afraid I wouldn't finish at all.

During the first half of the race I ran past lots and lots of people. But in the second half it was the other way around. Not so proud moment. But I did finish. And at the time 1:33.50. In fact I'm quite proud of it considering no running the last week and very tough stress on the quadracep muscles on the last two days before.

In other circumstances I think I would have done better.

How to train - Raginglynx - 20-05-2012

I realize I can't run as much as I have been doing during the building of the house.

I need some good advice on a program that leads to me keeping as much fitness as possible, run a few 10k races and still not run 70 km a week.

After the summer I want to go back to running fully again.

best regards,
Christian