Running Information Forums
Build up - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Build up (/Thread-Build-up--583)

Pages: 1 2 3

Build up - TheEd - 10-02-2011

Congrats on getting to the running 6 days in a row as well as 90 minutes for a long run during this period

you can now consolidate and all we need focus on after this is achieving an 18km run a few times in training if we are to consider a 21km training race in April

still plenty of time and certainly not the most important part of your development however if this comes with no fuss then great

TheEd

Build up - Cursor - 11-02-2011

Thanks!

Today's rest day was well needed.
Tommorrow I have 40-50 minute "hill run". Should I do 90 minutes on Sunday?

Have a good weekend!
//Cursor

Build up - TheEd - 13-02-2011

so you did a 15km run on Saturday and today can be an easy run up to 1hr

enjoy

TheEd

Build up - Cursor - 13-02-2011

Thanks TheEd

I did 90 minutes on Saturday, and today just a 40 minute recovery run as instructed.

Next week will start my 3rd cycle of build-up.

//Cursor

Build up - Cursor - 15-02-2011

Hi Ed

I had rest day yesterday .. another well needed one Smile

Today I did the time trial as was instructed. It was too (bloody) windy on the tartan track so went to the forest track and did a 5K time trial in stead of a 4K. It is an off-road course. It was a killer .. here are the splits.

3.50 - 4.01 - 4.02 - 4.03 - 3.44

Do I get back onto the build up tomorrow? As if tomorrow was day 2? Then it would be 1h on Wednesday and 1h on Thursday and rest on Friday?

Thanks! //Cursor

Build up - Cursor - 17-02-2011

I have done an hour run on Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow is rest.

Wednesday's run was tougher after the time trial, and I think I was trying to push myself a little harder too. Today's hour was quite relaxed - 11.5km.

Hava a good weekend! //Cursor

Build up - Cursor - 20-02-2011

Hi Ed

I did a 30 minute run (higher tempo) on Saturday and a 15K run (80 mins) today. Legs and body feeling pretty good at the moment.

8th week of build up will start tomorrow with an hour run.

//Cursor

Build up - Cursor - 22-02-2011

Hi Ed

An hour run yesterday and another one today. Today's run consisted of 15 minutes of faster running. All is going well. If only the weather could improve Wink

//Cursor

Build up - Cursor - 25-02-2011

Hi TheEd

Unfortunately I had to skip Wednesday's run ..

I did 5 x 8min fartlek session on Thursday. It felt tough and the average heart rate was only 160-163 bpm, only during the last 8 minutes I was able to get the heart rate up to 167. I have never felt so tired after my run.

Today I have been resting as according to the programme.

We have snow on the roads again and weather is cold. Hoping for a quick improvement.

Have a good weekend! //Cursor

Build up - Cursor - 07-03-2011

Hi TheEd

I am hoping to get back into a proper routine after a week of very little running. I was not feeling 100% well and as discussed I would take it easy.

I did not get sick really, just a sore throat but it is now definitely better. I did a 30 min very easy run yesterday (Sunday), and 35 minute run today (= 7K). It felt good. I am hoping to build it back up to an hour this week.

How do you think we shoud proceed from here? Still build up or start the training programme?

Thanks! //Cursor