Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 36-38 min 10km training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

My current PB for a 10km is 38:00, set about 10 months ago. I've since lost half a stone (Body fat now about 11%) and have run 29:13 for 5 miles. That said when I crossed the finish line i dropped dead Smile

My background is off road running and most recently I've got into triathlon so have concentrated more on improving my swim and bike as they're relative worse than my running.

So, ref training program's am I better following the one for sub 40 to begin with or go straight for sub 35?

no doubt as my obsession with improvements contiues as will the level of enquirey, so for now just any help with this please .... Smile

Kind regards

James
Hi alldalights and welcome to the forums

you truthfully have very similar aspirations to this jamie

http://www.time-to-run.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2974

read the first few posts of that thread and then read the last few posts of the last page

then return here, with a 4k time-trial time from which we can work

also if you can provide data as to what your current weekly routine is

Mon to Sunday training schedule, as well as mentioning your longest run and whether you have had any injuries of illnesses which could impact on your development

hope this helps for starters

TheEd
Thanks, will read those and report back with all stats..... looking forward to it Smile Cheers again for taking this seriously, I'll ensure I'll give all the details.

I am doing an offroad duathlon tomorrow, so the serious traing and recording of will follow that.....

KR

alldalights
Hi alldalights .. how have things worked out?

Cheers

TheEd