Running Information Forums

Full Version: need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i m new here. I am now using your sub45 10k training (tomorrow will be doing the 6x1k) for my 10k race on oct 13. Need your advice on how to continue training rite after that 10k for my next event on oct 28, a 4k race on quite a hilly route. Pls help!
Hi Dan and welcome to the forums

please provide feedback after your event so we can see if we need to provide you with training paces closer to your current fitness

your current fitness will come from the race

what pace are you doing the 6 x 1k session in?

after the race, allow yourself at least 2 to 3 days of easy running to assist recovery

then on the Thursday consider doing the 6 x 1k session and then the week before the race on the 28th switch to week 3

on the Tuesday consider doing 3 x 5 minutes @ anticipated race pace with 2 minutes easy in-between and then follow the program down to the race

you welcome to provide feedback

TheEd
hi, many tks 4 yr reply. My 6x1k pace tis mrng was 4:59, 4:46, 4:46, 4:52, 4:55, 4:50. Five days ago my 4x2k was 9:56, 10:23, 10:51, 10:53. I know my pace for the 4x2k was bad but i really want to achieve that sub45 for my 10k race, perhaps too ambicious! I believe i can achieve sub45 eventually, hopefully on oct13. And rite after that, my 4k race. Both races r important to me. Appreciate yr advice, again. Tks.
Pls note that oct 13 is a Saturday and oct 28 is a Sunday. Pls advice me (again) on what to do after my 10k race. It's better u use dates (actual dates in oct)instead of "mon or tue". If not wrong, i will do the recovery easy runs on oct 14, 15, 16. Then on 17 onwards, i need yr advice. Tks!
Hi Dan, your aim for sub 45 minutes may be currently ambitious however it is something to have as a goal

as for the race after the next event

the last few days before the event will be as follows:

Sat: Rest

Fri: 6 x 1 minute fast with 1 minute slow at anticipated race pace

Thur: 20 to 30 minutes easy

Wed: 30 to 40 minutes easy

hope this is all OK

TheEd
hi, i hope i got d summary right. After the 10k race...sun 30min easy, mon 30min easy, tue 30min easy, wed (no idea!), thu 6x1k, fri 30min easy, sat 60min easy, sun rest, mon (no idea!), tue 3x5min fartlek, wed 40min easy, thu 30min easy, fri 6x1min fartlek, sat rest, sun race day. I must appologize for my own confusion. Appreciate if u cld correct me. Tks!
Ok Tuesday you can push up to 40 minutes with Wednesday an easy 20 minutes

the following Monday can be 20 to 30 minutes as you feel before the 3 x 5 minute session

enjoy and do ask further questions if needed

TheEd
hi, ok i will stick to the above program aft my 10k race. I noticed that there is neither 5k pace run nor longest run in my program, is it due to the short time frame after the 10k race? I will also let u know my 10k pace/result aft the race on oct 13, just incase you want to alter the program. Tks for your advice so far! Hv a gd day.
yes .. because you running a race so soon after another race it is wise not to 'cook your goose' Smile .. so the 1k session counts as training and then the run down to the event

as you develop this will change however adaptation to the training is the main priority

enjoy

TheEd
so far for all the 'easy run' sessions, i m using a 6min/k pace, that is adding 1min to my 10k race pace. Hope i m doin it correctly. My aim is doin a sub45. Based on datas provided so far, what pace do u tnk i will end up next sat, race day? Btw, my vo2max is abt 52 now, dropped from 55 just abt 2 years back due to long layoff. Have started running again past 3 mths, abt 40-50k per week, mostly in d gym.