Running Information Forums

Full Version: 36 min 10k by dec 30th! (hopefully)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey TheEd,

back again with a vengeance! ha, so the closest program that suits me is the sub 35 but I'm struggling with 1000s at the moment. Had a go tonight but after the second I dropped off to 800s as I was goosed!

Is it beneficial to carry on with the 1000s or drop down? I train with a guy who's going for a 34 so there is a big gap between us on the track at the minute ha.

times were:

1) 1000 - 3.14 (too fast for me)
2) 1000 - 3.25 (too slow)
3) 800 - 2.43
4) 800 - 2.38
5) 800 - 2.44

As I mentioned, I do really want a 36 by xmas but I just ain't seeing any improvements! thanks for any advice in this matter.

Si:yes:
do a 4k time-trial tomorrow so we are able to provide you with your own pace targets for training next week

TheEd
aye wull do but have to be next week as I've got a hearty fell race on saturday..
thanks for the reply
OK .. if we were to leave out the 4k time-trial then we have to look at a specific time for the sessions

the most beneficial session is the 5 x 2k with 90 seconds rest session

if you were to consider starting at 3.35 to 3.40 per k for that session, this would give you a great indication of where you stand currently in your training towards your 10k goal

over to you

TheEd
ps.. the 2k session can be considered for next Thursday
not long to go Ginge Wink