Running Information Forums

Full Version: 1500/3000m training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi every1 I know that this forum is for 10k runners but i will be racing on the roads and
Hi access22 and welcome

if you have an interest in those distances then we could convert the 10k program to suit the distances you looking to run

this will be fairly easy to do as in the past athletes in the squad training accordingly

what does your weekly schedule look like currently?

over to you

TheEd
hi TheEd
thanks for the reply and i appreciate your help , in regards of my weekly training plan ;
Monday - rest day
Tuesday- 30 min easy run
wednesday am 45 min run easy
pm -4 x mile or straight 4 mile tempo usually done on track
Thursday - 1 hr easy run with 4x 100m strides
Friday- am - 45 min easy run
pm - 6x 200m with 400m rec at 800m pace
Saturday - 6 x 50-70 m hill running all out with full rec
Sunday- 1 hr 30min long run

this is a typical plan am doing at the moment.
will come up with something shortly, are you doing the speedwork on a tartan track?

cheers

TheEd
no it is a synthetic track and am gradually getting into speedwork to avoid injury after the completing base , so basically on week a i might do speedwork on the track and the next week or two i might do something like 6-10 reps of 30-35 secs hills.
sorry for the delay .. any chance of a 1k time-trial to give an idea of current form, please?

then can provide you with a 2 week cycle

Cheers

TheEd
ps.. also provide an idea of when you want to race etc
hi
TheEd

no problem with the delay. For the 1k time trial i will attempt one tomorrow my speed may be a little weak after cross country training , i will give you splits for the 1k time trial.

My first race this summer will be a 1 mile road race in Westminster which is approx 12 weeks away so plenty of time to get training in. After that 1 mile race there will be a bunch of races during June , July which i specifically will be racing 1500 and 3ks and some on august, my season will be finished start or mid august
sorry for the huge delay i have been very busy lately.

so i ave completed the 1k time trial that you have asked for , it was some very windy conditions so it might of had an a effect on the overall time.

400 = 1:08
600 = 1:42
800= 2:16
1000 m = 2:51

last 200m in 35 secs
2.50 .. good marker to start

part of the training would be the need to do a 5k pace session

so if you took the 10k program and made the following changes (we will also convert it to a 2 week cycle)

instead of the 2k session, you would start with the

6 x 1k @ 5k pace

instead of the 1k session on the Tuesday you would 6 x 600m @ 3k pace Rest 200m jog which for now you would make 10 seconds per k quicker

then a session of 5 x 400m @ 1500m pace Rest 2 minutes

then a session combined of 200 - 300 - 400m will chat more about this shortly

your Long run the first weekend will be up to 1hr

I shall formulate the structure shortly and put it up for you

what are your thoughts so far?

TheEd
yes that looks great ,just a couple of questions that i have regarding the training plan.

1) how many times am i going to repeat the 2 week cycles ?
2) will there be a off training period and build up period and will this be the same as the 10k training plan build up phase?
3) what splits should i be aiming for the 1ks , 5k pace and the 600s?
4) is this training plan starting on a Tuesday ?
5) are the runs in between the workouts going to be the same as the 10 k training plan?