Running Information Forums

Full Version: New Beginnings by D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey TheEd,

Its been 2 years since I last posted on here when I twisted my ankle! Thanks for the suggestion to get back on here earlier.

Recovered well enough to get the door at lunch earlier today:

Dist: 4.1miles
Time: 36:27
AvgHR: 130
349ft Climb
Down & Up

Had to walk/waddle on 2nd half on way back up hill to keep HR down. Effort felt relatively easy on the whole. Had a good sweat and stretch afterwards. Felt good this afternoon.

Early night tonight. I may have a slightly late night tomorrow night due seeing a new date :whistle: What should I try in the day tomorrow if anything?

Over the weekend were planning on doing a reasonably long bike ride, perhaps up 2 hours easy pace.

Do you think I should try and fit in the 5km paced on Sunday or the 2x2km + 4x1km interval session OR neither?!

Cheers,

D
Hi D .. welcome back .. I am going to split this into a new thread, for new beginnings

no need to run Sunday if you having a long bike ride

what you could do is maybe go for a light 20 minute tomorrow, as Sunday will no doubt be a rest

Cheers

TheEd
TheEd,

Ok on the 20 min waddle tomorrow, will report back how it goes.

Turns our this bike ride might not go ahead on Sunday as my friend who had planned it might not be available. If this is the case I will prefer to run instead, what would you recommend coach instead?

Cheers,

D
Sorry D, dont run in the morrow, instead look to run on saturday, up to 40 mins.

that, should not be too taxing

enjoy

theed
TheEd,

How are you today coach and how is wifey and the kids? Are you still residing in Lanza? A friend and I have been discussing a run/cycle/surf training holiday in Jan/Feb next year. We were over a few years ago and stayed in Famara.

Last nights date went unexpectedly well and ended up being an 'out-all-night' affair! :whistle: Also had a fair bit to drink, its only the second time I've been out like this all year. Tired this afternoon, but had a great time.

Only had 4 hours sleep since yesterday so no 40 min run today as you would expect. I did a good 3-4 hours of solid dancing last night in a club with the new lady friend. :jive:

Does this count as a workout as I dance around on my toes, it almost feels like a very long conditioning session!!!

Anyhow, early night tonight. Tomorrow will see how feel and perhaps do an easy 30 mins?

I realise and appreciate my chances of improving any speed/form for next race is out the window now so I assume rest will be the order of the day for the rest of the week.

After next week, I wanted ask you for some winter base training to keep me ticking over until the next build period for next years race season.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this!

D
TheEd,

Decided against a run today as calf's were a little tight, prob from Fri nights bouncing around. Thought that a steady bike might be more forgiving instead:

Dist: 25.2miles
Climb: 1,050ft
Time: 1:22:21
HRAvg: 129bpm

Felt tough going to start with, but relaxed into it. Tested my new aero bars on my main road bike. Was getting cold out there at 5-6C, with the wind chill my fingers and toes were suffering, gotta love the cold weather and its still only getting started!

As for tomorrow coach, what should I ease back into, a 30 mins waddle perhaps?

Cheers,

D
maybe run every 2nd day for now D .. if the calf muscle is playing up, we need to be cautious

onwards

TheEd
TheEd,

The calf seems ok after using a poly-roller this morning. However felt way too tired today to run am afraid. No run y.day either. Must be the late night on Friday catching up and Sundays bike ride.

So coach, I have tomorrow and Friday to run, what should I do to maintain for Sundays race? :yes:

Cheers,

D
light 20 to 30 minutes tomorrow

Friday, the 6 x 1 minute fast / slow session

enjoy

Smile

TheEd
TheEd,

Waddle@lunch:

Course: Tarmac/Trail
Dist: 3.9m
Time: 30:30
Pace: 7:55/mile
HRAvg: 130bpm

Felt speedy on legs, but very much on edge of tiredness. Good stretch afterwards.

Might do an easy MTB bike at lunch tomorrow with some friends.

About Friday and the 6 x 1 minute fast / slow session, not done this before; is it simply a warm up then 1 min fast, 1 min walk/run recovery then warm down?

Cheers,

D