Running Information Forums

Full Version: 10k 50 Min barrier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please find my attached 10k 50 Min program.

1. I wanted to confirm if i need to take a break after the off training period. If so for how many days.

2. Do I need to work on my upper body. Please note I cannot afford to have 2 times to workout in a day.

3. I have stopped doing abs after I picked up this training schedule. Do I need to add this to my schedule. If so on which days and how many days

4. I juggles between night shift to day shift and quite often I come to run straight after my night shifts and I understand this must have an impact on my training. Do you have any suggestions.

5. Should fart-lek be more than my 5k Speed

Thanks
Ajendra
Just to tell you. I am 35 Year, 63Kg, 179 Cm. 2 Years back I had had 3 marathons with allmost 5 hour timing and 4 half-marathon distances.

Took a break for around 4 months due to fracture on my left foot which is quite good now.

Thanks
Aju
Aju .. somehow I missed this .. my apologies

looking at your download .. where are you now?

Will go in to further detail once I know where you are now with your training

maybe you are able to slot in some press ups & sit ups in the mornings as a normal daily routine

Over to you

TheEd
Dear Ed
I understand your busy schedule. Thank you very much for your response. Now I am in build-up phase and updating you with my activities till today.

I locate in India and I do not have a heart rate monitor. This is a bit costly for me. Actually I have decided not to go for any further marathon schedule till i break this barrier.

I am not doing any press-ups or push-ups in the morning. Do you want to say i need to have these included on my daily work-out. May I ask how often and how many would be ideal.

Thank you and wish you a wonderful year ahead.

Aju
Hi AJu .. thanks for your understanding and welcome to the forums

regarding the push ups and sit ups .. doing 10 of each every morning is a fine starting point .. relaxed and easy .. we can work further on this in the future

regarding your pulse, consider reading this

How to take your pulse

use this method to track your am pulse and use it also straight after doing the 2k or 1k repetitions and after each Rest period

this can be used to assist you in understanding your development

often in the am, if your pulse is higher than normal then you may find training a little more strenuous during that day's session

In a few days time, if you could consider Saturday .. would please do a 4k time-trial and then we could work further together according to that result

you seem to be dedicated, so achieving your goal should be a reality

Cheers

TheEd
Dear Ed,
Thanks for your encouragement. I am now on the 7th day of the build-up phase. Do you mean to say that I break this schedule and have a 4k test; May be taking a rest day and having the 4k test. In fact i have never done a 4k test. Would i go for 5k test (If you suggest to break this build-up period)

May i know what is meant by "often in am", is it meant that in the morning time.

Aju
sorry for delay .. difficult time of year

yes, .. to do 4km time-trial would be good

next week I still have disrupted service till around Thursday then the providing of feedback will be better

and AM does = mornings .. make it part of your morning routine

Cheers

TheEd
I had a 4k test this morning which clocked at 19:03 minute with a little bit uneasy in shin bone during warm-up. However i plan to continue with build-up schedule till i get further guidance from you.

Please note in this time of the year the minimm temprature here is between 12 degree celcius to 17 degree

Thank you
Ajendra
Hi Aju .. congrats .. you now have a marker for current level of fitness and somewhere to start from

please look to having your shins sorted out before proceeding further
[URL="http://www.time-to-run.com/injuries/thebig5/shinsplints.htm"]
Shin Splints - Diagnosis and Treatment[/URL]

so this means, end the Build Up routine and we shall begin preparing you for the sub 50 minute schedule

it must also be noted, that the build up routine is normally only for those persons who have previously training on the 10km scehdules

so we can curtail your current training and focus on you adapting to the
[URL="http://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/sub50.htm"]
sub 50 minute 10km program[/URL]

let's get the pains sorted out before moving forward and congrats on the 4km time

Cheers

TheEd
Thank you. I will update you once i feel comfortable
Pages: 1 2