Running Information Forums

Full Version: 37.30 Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
the 2k, is never an easy session, so always good to start slower and build-up to develop confidence

good luck with the 1k session

TheEd
Hi, had a really good 1k session, this program is really coming together now so ill say again how great this site is and how grateful i am for the feedback and advice.

1 - 3.35
2 - 3.37
3 - 3.40
4 - 3.40
5 - 3.40
6 - 3.31

Tried to control the pace from 2 onwards so had enough left to keep the pace up and was surprised how i could still push on the last one! times are slower than last time but the course was short last time so this is more representative. Will be aiming for 3.30-3.35 next time
nice going, don't be in a rush to speed things up, instead focus on getting the balance right with the long run and recovery

will explain more as we progress

then out of interest, read this: Race your Best 10k
http://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/...t-10km.htm

on we go

TheEd
Hi TheEd,

Holiday has meant interrupting the program for a week but getting back on track. I completed the 5k paced run and was happy with the result. Much more controlled pace. I'm going to fit in the 400's and fatlek the rest of this week but not going to have a race day, instead just have a normal run. I will then start a fresh cycle, with the aim of doing a 10k race on 13th September which fits in perfectly.

Splits for the 5k paced run:

1 - 3.53
2 - 3.57
3 - 3.47
4 - 3.59
5 - 3.49

Have been reading the article, very interesting thanks. Will be aiming to put it in practice the 13th.
You could consider doing a 4k time-trial on same course as previously

TheEd
ps.. have had poor internet connection of recent
Hi TheEd,

Update on progress, the end of the cycle kind of got ruined by other things, ended up doing just the 400s, pace between 77-83, average was 80 so happy with that.

Started a fresh cycle, but couldn't fit the 2k session in and has no time to make it up.

Long run was great, longer than I've done for a good few months (14 miles) but was happily surprised I could still manage it.

1k session was great, pace is coming back to where it needs to be and the 5k paces run was great too.

1k session:

5k paced:

3:40
3:57
3:39
3:54
3:45

Got a 10k race this Sunday, will be good to see where my fitness is at. After that will need to look at how many more cycles to do before a rest period and looking towards to x-country season which is 10 weeks away.
depending on your plan for the cross-country season and what your intent is, will help in how we can integrate the season into your training

after each build-up there is meant to be a step up, a progression of sorts, where the athlete gains a higher aerobic development and it fits into their 'lifestyle' without disrupting too much

so if you ready for that, then it all looks good

on we go and have a great race

TheEd
Hi,

I could not do the race as other things took priority, so settled for a 5k park run the day before. I ran it pretty evenly in 18.36, but could not have gone faster in the end, perhaps earlier on but after 3k the pace was my maximum. Splits were 3.40 or just under, gps clocked 5.12, so although I thought I was on for 18.10 ish, it was more like 18.30 so i guess each split was 4-5 seconds slower in reality, quite annoying I may have to look at a new one as 4-5 seconds mounts up when hunting for pbs!

New cycle started this week, after 3 days off. What pace would you recommend the 2k session based on the 5k and previous training, i was thinking to keep at 3.50 and try and keep the whole session at this pace, but still feels like it should be faster to improve, more like 3.40 pace which I know wouldn't be able to keep it up for the full 5. Any advice on this session it feels so hard and the thought of going quicker but with no rest in a race really seems unachievable. All the other sessions are perfect, if anything ahead of where they need to be, the 2k session is killer.

Thanks.
when hunting for PB's it often takes a little longer to come

the natural rhythm of the cyles and achieving consistency will bring results, so it is definitely there

as for the 2k, always good to finish off strong, so only consider picking the pace up over the last 2kç

then focus on the long run and if you can roll into the 6k session, you can speed up over the last couple of 1k

the idea is to gain confidence and then to learn to put it altogether on the day that counts

all looks good otherwise

over to you

TheEd
Hi,

Taking on-board your advice and reading what you have said to others about days 3-8 and their importance in the program, I've put maximum effort/focus into those 3 sessions (2k, long run and 1k) and the others have been simply recovery, really slow (5-6 min pace) and i'm pleased to say it all went better than expected.

2k session was almost perfect 7.30 (3.45) pace, the first was a bit faster but the middle 3 were spot on pace and the last was a second or 2 quicker so really pleased, the best session i've had so far and the confidence was growing.

Long run was 15 miles, nearly 2 hours, standard pace with a few mini efforts but easily manageable.

1k session, again fairly consistent, ranging from 3.28-3.33 pace. No signs of tiredness or injury either so all is well.

Looking to the 5k paced run which would fall on Sunday, what affect would it have if I ran this Saturday instead and had Sunday off?

Looking on further, I would like to do a race on 11 October, but the program race day is 4th October, how could I extend the program or what sessions would I do in the extra week?

Thanks in advance!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5