Running Information Forums

Full Version: Here it goes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
how have things gone Finny
Hi TheEd,

Sorry for only getting back to you now. Last week was troublesome. A few personal issues came up towards the end of the week which meant I missed Thursday and Fridays runs after the 3x2k on Wednesday.

My week went like this:
Mon: Easy.
Tues: Easy.
Wed: 3 x 2km (session detailed below).
Thurs: No run.
Fri: No run.
Sat: Easy 35 mins at av 6:06/km pace.
Sun: Easy 37:30 mins at av of 6:09 /km pace.

3 x 2km session (goal was 5:40 per km):
1: 5:41 (HR: 125 bpm) / 5:28 (HR: 131 bpm).
2: 5:28 (HR 131 bpm) / 5:35 (HR: 138 bpm).
3: 5:32 (HR: 137 bpm) / 5:35 (HR: 141 bpm).

I was wondering if I could start week one again this week when there is less stuff on? Leaving this week starting as:

Mon: Easy.
Tues: Easy.
Wed: 3 x 2km.

Would this be ok?

Thanks as always,

Finny
Hi Finny, if you would like to start over there is no harm in it on this occasion .. it differs if there was an event planned at the end of the training cycle, then we would plan accordingly

onwards TheEd
Hi TheEd,

This is just a short update on the 3 x 2K session.

My splits were as follows:

Rep 1: 5:36 (HR: 129 bpm) / 5:29 (HR: 136 bpm)
Rep 2: 5:29 (HR: 134 bpm) / 5:32 (HR: 142 bpm)
Rep 3: 5:33 (HR: 144 bpm) / 5:35 (HR: 147 bpm)

Hopefully this is ok. Really enjoyed the session again tonight. Target pace for each km was 5:40, so I realise I was a little bit quicker on each one.

Do you have any thoughts on what my target pace should be for 5 x 1km session?

Many thanks for your feedback as always.

Finny
nice going Finny .. you can take your overall average per km from the 2k session and then look to run 5 to 10 seconds per km quicker for the 1k session ..

start the session off at only 5 seconds per k quicker than the 2k session and then look to go quicker as you progress

have a grand weekend

TheEd
That’s great TheEd,

Really enjoying the training blocks.

My 5 x 1km session is now scheduled for Monday so I’ll start off aiming for 5:25 per km with the hope of getting it closer to 5:20 per km towards the last couple.

Thanks again,

Finny
HI Finny how did your weekend training go

TheEd
Hi TheEd,

Training has been going good. Easy runs on Saturday and Sunday, with my 5 x 1km session today.

The session details are below:
1km: 5:24 (HR:131 bpm)
2km: 5:05 (HR: 151 bpm)
3km: 5:10 (HR: 150 bpm)
4km: 5:18 (HR: 156 bpm)
5km 5:23 (HR: 157 bpm)

I realise that the splits are a little quicker than prescribed, but I felt good for the whole session. The last km (5:23) was slightly uphill compared to the others, given that I cannot access my local track due to Covid.

Next couple of days are:

Tues: Easy
Wed: Easy
Thurs: Rest
Friday: 5K paced run

Does this seem ok?

Have you any idea of potential pace to aim for on Friday’s paced run?

Many thanks as always,

Finny

I should have also noted that I would like to start extending the length of some of my easy (time on feet) or longer runs.
Hi Finny .. for now keep the easy runs as per normal .. and you can increase the long run and one other

once you come off the cycle you should look to have a week off period and the go on the build-up

https://www.time-to-run.com/training/10k/buildup.htm

the Build-up is more time related and then once you go onto the training cycles again you will have the time of feet naturally

hope this makes sense .. please do ask questions

TheEd
Hi TheEd,

Just a quick update on the 5K paced run today - another good session. Total time for the session was 27:26.

My 5K paced run today was quicker than my last 5K race effort (which was 27:39) a couple of weeks ago - so hopefully this is things going in the right direction.

The stats for today’s session is below:
1km: 5:27 (HR: 130 bpm)
2km: 5:23 (HR: 137 bpm)
3km: 5:36 (HR: 141 bpm)
4km: 5:30 (HR: 144 bpm)
5km: 5:32 (HR: 148 bpm)

Total time: 27:26 (average pace: 5:29/km).

The plan for the next couple of days is:
Sat: Easy
Sun: 3 x 5 min
Mon: Easy

Does this seem ok to you?

Many thanks,

Finny
Pages: 1 2 3 4