Running Information Forums

Full Version: Sub 37 10KM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thanks MrTin ... good luck with the process

TheEd
(04-03-2022, 01:46 PM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks MrTin ... good luck with the process

TheEd

Hi, I saw the consultant today who confirmed I have a recurrence of proximal high hamstring tendinopathy. 
Based on the scan it's only mild but will need 6-8 weeks of Physio initially and if that does not work the next step would be shockwave therapy.
I can still keep going with low level running and my first appointment with the physio is in 2 weeks time.

I'm trying to keep positive, but with the house move coming up over the summer, it's likely that I will have to put my running goals on hold for a while. I I plan to get back on my bike more regularly and also start swimming again to try to maintain fitness, but looks to be a long road ahead until I'm back running at the same level as before.
Hi MrTin, any signs of improvement with the low level running

the hamstring not the fitness

TheEd
(28-03-2022, 12:26 PM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MrTin, any signs of improvement with the low level running

the hamstring not the fitness

TheEd

Hi, 

A little bit of improvement but I still have a constant nagging ache in my hamstring/glutes/hip. 

It's not as painful as before, but I know that if I try to push the pace, it would react badly. 

I have my first physio appointment on Monday, so will be interesting to see what type of program she suggests to fix the issue.
Hi MrTin, hang in there

please let me know the treatment and process that is recommended

thanks TheEd
A quick update is that things are progressing well with the physiotherapy. I'm on a hamstring loading program and the hamstring pain has relatively disappeared, but I do have some lingering hip issues.

My next appointment with the consultant is in 2 weeks time and I think I'll be able to avoid any invasive therapy (injections).

My running is taking a back seat for a while, I have been doing some low level 30 minute runs but my focus has been on recovery, I can get the fitness back once i'm 'fixed'
thanks for the feedback MrTin

hopefully next feedback things are good and normal

TheEd
(12-05-2022, 11:48 AM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the feedback MrTin

hopefully next feedback things are good and normal

TheEd

Hi, just a quick update on how things are going. My hamstring is feeling OK, however I developed some hip pain which I guess was an underlying issue and that has pushed back my progress. Sad

I'ts settling down, so this week the phsyio has advised that I can start to re-introduce running alongside the strengthening/stretching programme.

So, it will be short distances initially (3KM today @ ~140bpm) building up gradually to longer distances/introducing speed. 

I guess it will be ~Mid August until I can think about planning for any races later this year depending on how thing go with the recovery.
Hi MrTin, what exercises are you doing?

TheEd
(20-06-2022, 02:22 PM)TheEd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi MrTin, what exercises are you doing?

TheEd

I started with the first picture for the hamstring with slow reps, and the 2nd is what I'm currently doing alongside some additional hip stretches/hamstring strengthening.
Pages: 1 2 3 4