Running Information Forums

Full Version: 10k sub38 with only 4runs/week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dear TheEd,
stats sent
emko, try to monitor your am pulse for this week, so we able to establish what your average resting pulse is

from the graphs and stats, you race at a very high pulse level and it is quite impressive

my first impulsive response is that aerobic development needs to be improved.

What is the longest run you are currently doing? I would like for you to add a longer warm up aerobic run before sessions. WE may be able to improve things with simplicity

TheEd
Dear TheEd,
I will monitor that pulse.
Longest distance was 16k, and around 15k it was 13x for last 3months.

You mean longer warm up run before quality runs e.g. 5x2k?
Dear TheEd,
I checked my morning lovest pulse yesterday and today, which is 43PBM
wow .. emko .. you have a great range

what running are you doing currently

TheEd
Dear TheEd,
I am trying to do your 3weeks schedules, but now it a bit changed as some local races going around.
Hovever last thursday I done 5x2k@3:40 (very confidend over pace) and sunday I done 20k long slow run.

So your advice to improve my 10k further under 38min is just to make better warm ups as you mentioned in feed 42?

emko
hi emko, we can try improving matters by adding easy runs up to 140 bpm (yes)

when is your next event

TheEd
my next event is tomorrov 1.5. which is uncertified 5k race and then saturday 4.5. certified 10k, so another trySmile.
emko, how did things go?

TheEd
Dear TheEd,
1.5. I done 5k in 3:34pace. (urban race, lot of sharp turns and windy)
And 10k last saturday only in 4:00min pace. But for this event was very hot - over 25. (tempo 3:45 kept only for first 5k, then struggled to the end. Last km uphill)
I want to continue with 3weeks schedule where easy runs will be below 140bpm. No races foreseen till end of june.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6