Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-03-2013

Hi Ed,
all seems well with my ankle just a bit stiff but working on it daily, thanks for the thread about the heat.I will do the base phase as planned as my ankles not going to up for speed work at this point so slow easy runs work out well for the next six weeks.Just hope i can keep going without any more set backs regards Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-03-2013

Hi Ed,
just to give you an update ive been running around 1 hour a day all slow apart from a few hill reps to get my heart rate up,Ive been on my mountain bike a few times also so doing something at least.I am still a bit stiff in the ankle but keep working on it until things are OK again,hope all is well with you regards Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-03-2013

Hi Ed,
looks like i am going back to work on a vessel with no treadmill so it looks like running laps of the helideck not fun at all but that's the best ive got.I will be gone 6 weeks so looks like i should do some gym work and just try and stop the rot..My ankles not great but allowing me to train so that's something i am trying to keep a good attitude towards my circumstances knowing that there wouldn't be any speed work for the next six weeks at best slow running around in circles what a treat...Maybe i can work on my upper body and easing my ankle with lots of stretching etc.Other then that i don't know speak soon regards Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 18-03-2013

Hi Jon, I hope everything works out, do work on light calf muscle stretching to assist the ankle recovery

all the best

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-04-2013

Hi ED,
just wanted to say hello and give you an update on whats going on.Ive been on the build up for 3 weeks now so looks like i will stay on it until i leave the boat the trainings going ok but has left me tired with working for 12 hours per day so a struggle to make yourself run...hopefully finished work in 3 weeks time so i can plan a race in june around the 16th.hope all is well with you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-04-2013

nice to hear from you Jon .. and may the 3 weeks go rapidly so you can get back to feeling good about your running

TheEd
ps.. how is the ankle going?

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-04-2013

Hi Ed,
thankyou for your post my ankles doing well thankyou.I feel as though ive dropped a bit of weight and conditioned myself well in terms of good stretching cross training and nice easy runs my bodys feeling pritty good thankyou cant wait till i am back on the 3 week cycles no speed work makes me a dull boy..but 3 more weeks to push then home sweet home for a while so all in all everythings ok best wishes jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 14-04-2013

thanks for the feedback .. a good season awaits

all the best

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-04-2013

Hi Ed,
Really looking forward to getting back into some hard training ive had to take a fair amount of rest as ive become more and more tired over the last six weeks,but still managed some good training so all is not lost..I will race on the 16th of june which is a trail race there for i figured its best to get on cycle as soon as i get off the vessle.i think you would recomend that i do a time trial before hand...Just wanted to ask what your thoughts on breathing some pure 02 to help me recover in the dive chamber?? might be an intresting subject i need a boost to help me recover regards jon.Smile

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-04-2013

Jon, I shall look a little more into your question regarding the dive chamber

I shall drop Doc Andrew Bosch an email and ask him his thoughts

cheers

TheEd
ps.. here's to some good running to come