Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-06-2013

Friday a simply aerobic run, no fartlek as the event is not a 'race' for your current fitness

up to 40 minutes on Friday

please ask questions

TheEd
ps.. you have got to love the competitive instinct, knows no fitness Smile

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-06-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for getting back to me this morning just want to recap about what's best to do. Wednesday been 1 hour @4.30 easy run. Thursday what you think I should do as I thought a rest day but maybe not if you haven't said so.Friday just a basic run of 40 mins or so which leaves Saturday to jog 30 mins or rest??not sure how you see it I thought maybe Thursday a few 400s just to keep my mind into it.Please fire away and say what you thinks best to do regards jon.ps the old guy left the young wiperWink snappers behind so there is life in the old dog yet.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 13-06-2013

you can do an easy fartlek session Thursday which would be more aerobic based so

4 x 6 minutes @ 21k pace effort would be fine with 2 minutes easy in-between

Rest Saturday

the rest of the running looks fine

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-06-2013

Hi Ed,
didnt actually run today i found myself very relaxed after the wednesdays run had to slow down my legs felt really good after the reps tuesday..will run 6am in the morning seem too be really up for the race sunday might have gone up a gear this week.forgot to mention i was just getting over a chest infection and bad cold last week probley lead to a slow 4k time trial but we will see.40 mins in the morning then regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-06-2013

Hi Ed,
just to let you know i did the race started slowly and chugged around nice and steady even managed to take a few places also..like you said dont expect too much which i didnt so 4th overall worked out fine..they gave me first place in the age ca will hit the road next sunday ant so a nice outing really.i will run a 10k on the road next weekend so not sure what training to do really speak soon and many thanks jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-06-2013

nice going Jon .. good to have an event and come out of it feeling positive

so how do you want to plan for things now? which events

and then we can formulate something

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-06-2013

Hi ed,
thanks for your post.sadly ive got to go and work for 6 weeks as off the 26th so next sunday would be nice to do a road 10k your spot on about my speed theres not a deal there but i was happy enough to control myself and think to the future..next week is hilly and a hard course so more of the same.i would like to get in real shape november december if possible as work slows down for say 3 or 4 months prime time to train really thanks again and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-06-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to ask your thoughts about using a cross trainer to simulate the three week cycle for the next six weeks due to not having a treadmill I thought this might stop the rot. I might be able to run slowly around the helideck also but not in a good place at the moment sulking is the understatement but nothing I can do about it. pure damage limitation on this one might actually be good fun doing the cycles. Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated Regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-06-2013

the cross trainer, does it include a rowing machine?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-06-2013

Hi ed,
i can use a spin bike or a rowing machine or x trainer but no treamill really mift about it but thats the deal.regards jon.