Running Information Forums
break 38 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: break 38 (/Thread-break-38)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

break 38 - TheEd - 24-11-2011

interesting .. considering your pulse was so low during the recent 1k session

let me know how it goes as I am interested in what occurs

Cheers

TheEd

break 38 - RunSam - 28-11-2011

Hi Ed,

Status Update:

Have a heavy cold so have been unable to train for 6 days now. My resting pulse is now back to normal (36). Just have to wait for the cold symptoms to go.
Still looking positively its been ages since the last time I was sick so I will just put it down to the season.

Thanks Ed

RunSam

break 38 - TheEd - 28-11-2011

OK .. something had to break and it would be great to see how many sessions it took to reach the high status in training and then how soon after that you became sick

this is very handy data as then you able to plan your training towards events with even further clarity

each runner seems to reach levels of fitness according to them and the signals of you feeling on top of your game were seen earlier on

this is very much about getting the art and the science right

over to you

TheEd
ps.. good to hear you feeling better

break 38 - RunSam - 05-12-2011

Hi Ed,

Ok healthy today at last. The cold I had moved onto my chest so took a bit of time to shake off. Have not trained for 13 days!

I have 26 days until my 10k race. Shall I ease back in with a couple of easy runs then start day 1 on wednesday?

Its slippy here so I will shod my spiked shoes!

Thanks
RunSam

break 38 - TheEd - 05-12-2011

run every 2nd day for the week and then only consider a quality run over the weekend, as a tester

hopefully you will have retained some of the 'goodness' which you had put in earlier

TheEd

break 38 - RunSam - 05-12-2011

Ok will do, probably best.
I don't think I stretched more than once these past 2 weeks!

break 38 - RunSam - 11-12-2011

Hi Ed,

Tomorrow I plan to run 5x2000m session, I have run only alternate days this last week as advised and only 5k. (5min/km pace)
My resting pulse is normal today, and lightish winds forcast tomorrow.
I actually had something in my system during last week, both of my kids had high fever and I had a resting pulse 20 beats above normal. Odd thing was I felt normal, so I took an extra rest day and was fine the day after.

Will post results tomorrow (monday)

Thanks
RunSam

break 38 - RunSam - 12-12-2011

Hi Ed,

3 dregrees and bit windy.

Today did the 5x2000m, it was a disaster!

Results:

1) 8.13
max 170
av hr 156
R90 hr 74

2) 8.08
max 170
av hr 161
R90 hr 78

3) 8.27
max 169
av hr 161
R90 hr 74

4) 9.08
max 162
av hr 154
R90 hr 74

5) stopped

total 33.56 (8km)

This is the first time I have packed in a quality session, however there was clearly something wrong. I had no energy and was completely unable to raise the pace. Either I have some infection in my system or maybe dehydrated. Odd thing was my waking pulse was within a normal range this morning and I feel fine.

thanks Ed

RunSam

break 38 - TheEd - 13-12-2011

when do you have a race again?

you may be better off doing a 2 to 3 week Build-up to give the body more chance to get back into the swing of things and besides over the Festive Season it will give you a lot of flexibility

let me know your thoughts

TheEd

break 38 - RunSam - 13-12-2011

Hi Ed,

I have 13 days from today until race, I expect I will need a minium of 2 or 3 days further rest to recover. I plan to train as much as I phisically can between now and then even over xmas. I will be away from home so won't have axcess to a track but will have time to train and have excellent forest trails to run on.

Thanks Ed

RunSam