Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 01-07-2013

are you feeling pretty balanced and content about everything?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-07-2013

hi Ed,
just wanted to give you a fuller idea of what i am doing i was pushed for time yestoday so i only typed a few lines..So to put you in the picture and a bit of head scratching i had an easy week last week recovering and easy runs until i came offshore and then 4 modorate sessions on the cross trainer to get me into the mode.I then started the 3 week cycle so simulating everything on the sub 35 program-yestoday was 1.30 at an easy pace.today will be 45 mins easy then on to the 2k reps etc.the action feel 90 percent of what i would when running minuns the inpact..i even hold with one hand at times and rotate around so the arm action is the same as running.I will stay on cycle for the next 6 weeks the test it by racing,i am quite confident this is going to go well the heart rates the same recovery the same even my leg turn over is nearly the same so lets give it a good go..one more thing i will do at day 20 is replace the race with a 4k time trial and see how we go all good in the planning lets hope it works speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-07-2013

Hi Ed,
i think everythings panning out well ive even managed to shed a bit of weight and feel good about this so all in all feel balanced and confident this trainings working,i might change a day or two for a spin interval session on the bike to get the leg turn over really and a bit of variation but like you said to me its keeping the state of mind together and plan for a 4-5 month lay off work as off november so its all ok.regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 03-07-2013

Hi Jon, looks like you have everything under control and you may just return to being a 'thinner landlubber'

remember to focus on the REST and RECOVERY days as well

makes for positive reading from you

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 05-07-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for your post i think you judge things very well ive had to rest two days felt very tired so ill do an easy 10k today and yes work on the rest inbetween still feeling good about the way things are going as been tired for the right reasons. ill let the recovery be good and training take shape all part of the grand plan.thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 06-07-2013

:great:

magic stuff

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-07-2013

Thanks Ed,
really went well on the 2k reps yestoday think a bit of the old me is in there and yes its amazing how enjoyable training can be when you you loose the pressure and stress of wanting too much too soon so ill keep on nice and steady Winkall for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-07-2013

great to read Jon

take care

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-07-2013

Thanks Ed,
just getting back to you to say ive been pritty worn out so ive not trained for 5 days however ive had to do some hard dives that have been pritty hard hench the break but try to get going again in the morning regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-07-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to type a few lines to say things are going in the right direction ive worked really hard on the interval getting my heart rate to 174bpm and held together lwell got a 5k pace run on friday so see how we go but feel good about the training so all is well regards jon.:laugh: