Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-08-2013

great attitude Jon .. do note, the first session is normally awkward and you should kick on nicely on the 2nd cycle

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-08-2013

Hi Ed,
just had a thought really I should have known better really was over egger to get on the cycle and plan for the race on the 15th of September which means I would complete the cycle before the race...so what I think might work is as I have a long run tomorrow anyhow start the cycle again and that should put me right for the 15th give or take a day or two. Got to go to Malaysia on Sunday for one day so will make that a rest day as I ran 40 mins this morning and that was ment to be a rest day. I think my aerobic base is fine its the speed endurance what's flagging at present but its to be expected really. I am really optimistic now for the next 12 months as I will have access to a good treadmill at work so its all good really. Speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-08-2013

Hi Ed,
just a quick question for you how many months training would you recommend for a decent half marathon. I want to carry on the 10k training but up the miles on my next cycle by doing 2 hour runs on the long run. No real change to the program will be fun regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 25-08-2013

your decent half will depend on how decent your 2k session is coming along

come down to 3.20 to 3.30 per k for the 2k session and you then looking for a 21k in the sub 80's region

by the end of this cycle you should gain a great deal, just don't look for too much too soon

hope this helps

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-08-2013

Hi ed
thanks for that rest day today and will make wednesday the 1k reps hopefully will have a good session feeling good about it all really so like you say let it all unfold in due course thats all for now will let you know how the 1k reps went regards jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-08-2013

Hi Ed,
just to update you on how things are going did the 1k reps today and they went quite well. 1)3.37 2)3.34 3)3.33 4)3.35 5)3.33 6)3.32 felt quite good all the way really no real stress all off 1 min recovery so not too bad. Not too sure how I am going to work out next week as I slipped up with the dates my race is the 15th of September so got a bit of time on my hands to do some extra quality before the race. Speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-08-2013

start week 2 next week, we shall do a different session next week, will shuffle it round a little

this weekend consider another 4k time-trial if you want

cheers

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-08-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for the post I was thinking somewhere down the same lines in terms of 4k time trial and jumping back a week and go from there. Not sure if I will get to race on the 15th as I am required to work around that time How ever I set my self a new goal on the 27th of October quite a big race so will knuckle down on the training and let things unfold. I will be on rest tomorrow the try to push the times down over 4k on Saturday morning followed by an easy run Sunday leading on to week two again that's all for now will be in touch Saturday when I hammer 14.57 regards jon.Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-08-2013

Hi Ed,
was up 5.30 am ready to put my best foot forward and all that, Nice and cool breeze around the lake lovely day for it I thought and yes I was right ran a good 14.18 this morning which is 40 seconds faster than two weeks ago when I did it so big thank you for that the checks in the post...all joke and apart I tried to use pay pal it didn't like my card so will go in the bank Monday morning and sort that out. So Sunday will be a 1hour easy run Monday say 10k easy then you spoke of changing the speed work for me so will wait to see what little surprise you have tucked up your sleeve. Seriously very pleased with the way things are going I felt things where right now I am been true to my self instead of forcing it let it happen anyhow thanks again and ill wait your plan regards jon.:notworthy:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 31-08-2013

nice going Jon .. after next cycle things should be even better

will get back to you about the pace for the sessions

have a great weekend

TheEd
ps.. thanks about all the effort with the bank Wink .. lol