Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to type you a few lines about future plans to race. I am hoping to make the race on the 15th but was told to be ready for work around the 13th so not a great story there, however Thailand has a big race coming up on the 27th of October so that's when I plan to be running well so that says to me two cycles before the race after this one is finished. What I would say is the trainings going to be on a treadmill for obvious reason been on the floating prison. As there will be no races in this time of building up for the race would you replace the race with a 4k time trial or do another session? Got quite a lot going on in my head right now as the running's feeling great and things are starting to happen, looks like the cross trainer didn't do me any harm at all so that was a step in the right direction. Over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-09-2013

Hi Ed
just wanted to ask what speed work i should do tommorrow and pace please regards jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 02-09-2013

Hi Jon, attempt the same pace as the last session and only speed up over the last 2 if feeling strong

so 3.35 per k the first 4 .. if you cruise, then say great

Big Grin

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-09-2013

Thanks Ed
will let you know how we go...and one more thing pay pal is not my pal lol getting on my terrors but will win this battle in the morning come hell or high water...speak soon jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just to keep you update on the 1k reps I did this morning they went like this 1)3.36 2)3.34 3)3.35 4)3.34 5)3.31 then I stopped sorry to say felt pretty out of sorts so nature put a stop to it not too bad but didn't flow quite like last week but you cant have it all my own way every time. On Saturday is the 5k will I still be running this session?? or have you got something else in mind? my best guess is your going to tell me to run the 5k @3.40 pace or maybe I am totally wrong will await your post regards jon.Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 03-09-2013

the heat and humidity is no friend of any athlete

as for the 5k paced .. best to look to start at 3.45 per k for the first 3k and then look to accelerate if you can .

here's hoping things become easier

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-09-2013

Hi Ed
thanks for your post hopefully get on the pace better on saturday and really hoping to make next sundays 10k.speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just a few lines and thoughts really I ran or attempted to run the 5k at 3.45 this morning and increase the pace after 3k it was a struggle to be honest even running 3.45 was not easy heat fatigue or old age not sure but not a patch on last weeks effort still I got 15 mins quality out of the deal so all is not lost.sorry added not I only did 4k. As the race is eight days away and not sure if I am off to work I figured Ill have a day in hand which has rest day wrote all over it.I will do a 45 min easy run tomorrow and follow up with a rest day and complete the cycle next weekend. Its only the first cycle and had a good run last weekend so its in there just think its best if I recharge the battery right now any thoughts please fire away regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-09-2013

keep me informed and hopefully you able to bounce back to have a decent race

enjoy the weekend

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just been out for an easy 45 mins this morning feel ok.I got my marching orders for work this coming Friday so no race for the next six to seven weeks. What I would ask is how to complete this week??I should be doing the 400s etc. but figured it might be better to work at the longer reps as that's the bread and butter sessions really. Would you recommend doing the next cycle or go on a build up??not sure what's best at this point regards jon.