Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 08-09-2013

on the road again (make that sea)

you can consider doing the following session on Wednesday as a good bye

2 x 2k @ 3.45 to 3.50 per k Rest 90 seconds

then

4 x 1k @ 3.35 per K Rest 60 seconds

then we can plan different ly for while onboard

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-09-2013

Thanks Ed
good session to get stuck into then it will be the treadmill for the next 6 weeks will let you know how the training goes wednesday..just one thing on the recovery is the 2ks 90 and is it a 90 sec recovery before the 1ks then standard 1 min on the 1k reps regards jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 10-09-2013

yes .. 90 seconds and 60 seconds Rest

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to say had a good session this morning I started out bordering caution as I really wanted to complete this session so started out steady.
1)7.31
2)7.30
1k reps
1)3.35
2)3.35
3)3.36
4)3.34
as you can see it went well I felt pretty good on all of the reps maybe to rest and good food did me good no complaints at all will do 1 hour easy tomorrow then its back on the treadmill oh joy speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-09-2013

great to see this session .. it took a little longer to round into it however it shows that it was there all along .. would have been great to go to the next level, at least you know now that for the next time it won't take that long to move onto the next level

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 12-09-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for your post just to confirm a plan I will go on the next cycle on Monday just give myself a few easy runs over the weekend and get into my work pattern. As for the 2k reps should I say at 3.45 per k or try 3.40 per k? I think this next cycle should be good and step closer to getting fit again I think the race on the 27th October is something to aim for so all good from what I can see over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 12-09-2013

start at 3.45 and work to 3.40 the last 2 x 2k

here's to a successful training cycle

regards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-09-2013

Hi Ed,
well got off to a good start i did 45 mins cross training Saturday and a 45 min fartlek yesterday generally going though the gears of the treadmill.I think the treadmills running a bit quick so when i ran 90 mins this morning i felt myself out by running at an easy pace that i felt was OK.Ive got the 2k reps Wednesday so ill try and run at 16.1k but might be running a bit too quick but see how we go.I wanted to mention that i am at work for another 3 weeks the have 3 weeks off then back out to work..I found a race on the 13th of October which is 8 miles so a good test really.Will let you know how the reps go and speak soon regards Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-09-2013

nice to see you getting settled Jon

Wink

here's to a good 3 weeks

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-09-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for that will get stuck into the 2k reps in the morning hopefully manage the lot so will be in touch after the loely event regards jon.