Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-09-2013

hope it went reasonably well

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to say i had all best layed plans to run 2k reps this morning but time and work got in the way so i ended up running 15 mins warm up followed by 25 mins@3.45 per k felt good and strong so feel very good about this session.I have a rest day tommorrow and then on to a long run hope to get back on track with the program as i can feel my level is improving nicely so its all going forward just as you said speak soon and repards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 18-09-2013

good to hear .. don't attach any stress to what you miss .. a relaxed runner becomes a faster runner

take care

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to ask you about the next speed session its 1k reps but the treadmill is set in miles what i wanted to ask is would it be ok to run say 5x1 mile at 3.35 per k or 5.40 miles then recovery say 90secs recovery...I am on rest today which is nice and looking forward to my long run in the morning going to do 1.45 and see how we go.To do the mile reps is less complicated on the settings and maybe a good thing to be running longer reps as well speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-09-2013

4 x 1 mile Rest 60 seconds that would be better

the session is a 5k pace development

the 5 x 2k is 10k pace development so we can look at doing 6 x 1 mile there

for the 5k session you can also look to do 800m or half miles, if that is possible

we only want up to 6k at this pace

please give me your thoughts

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-09-2013

Hi ed,
thanks for that i think the 1mile reps will be good and like you say keeping it simple will be good so i can focus on the running direct and not have to be calculating on my feet so much.shall we say the 4x1 mile reps @5.40 miles or quicker?? so 10.5 miles per hour on the treadmill..Had a good rest day today and looking forward to my long run in the morning.thats all ive got for you now it all feels good and relaxed and yes no stress regards jon.Big Grin

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-09-2013

great Jon .. rather adapt to the first session without it being too time orientated .. you need to figure out how to take your rest getting off the treadmill and how to get up to pace etc

so be relaxed until all the technical sides are sorted out before expecting the pace from the workout

all this is beneficial and may even give a few laughs

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-09-2013

Hi Ed,
I think all is in order and going in the right direction I did 90mins at 7 miles per hour nice run.Will do an easy 45mins tomorrow and chomping at the bit to do the 1mile reps should be good will post again when i do the reps but right now feel the change happening over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 21-09-2013

great to read Jon .. hope you enjoying the treadmill Wink

cheers

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-09-2013

Hi Ed,
well after a bit of head scratching and trying to simplify the 1k reps i ended up running for time as i only had 1hour to train..so i did 20 mins warm up followed by 3x2.30 @3.30 per k then 2x1.30 @ 3.30 per k then 3X1min @ 3.30 per k followed by 15 mins cool down stretch..Next week i think you would tell me to repeat the cycle but i wouldn't mind doing a 4k time trial to see if i can get a bit closer to 14mins.I think everything's moving in the right direction and feel good about it all so its onwards and forwards regards jon.