Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 23-09-2013

nice Jon, try to get as much aerobic in while you there

and best to not have quality running below 2 minutes at a time

so if you work on doing 5 x 8 minutes @ projected 10k pace, you will get in a decent session

for now, leave the 4k out, and save for when you a landlubber again

though you can consider running up to 1hr at tempo

an ideal tempo pace would be around 4 minutes per k .. no need for anything quicker and would be good to correlate heart rate data with this pace

please give your thoughts on this proposal

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-09-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for the post I do agree with you that under two minute reps are a bit short.I am more than happy to miss the 4k time trial its not idea on a treadmill and a good solid tempo runs will good.So you would say 4 mins per 1k for 1 hour will roll with that also.Theres alot of good feeling with the training at the moment i am enjoying the climb back up to fitness looking on the bigger picture i will be finished work in December and take around 4 months off so there should be plenty of time to get in real shape..As for my heart rate monitor the battery died so ill get it sorted when i get home on the 16th of October.well that's all for now and thanks again Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 24-09-2013

good stuff .. mid-October will roll through quicker than you can believe Big Grin

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-09-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for your post think your right time moves on quickly only 20 days to go now..I did 45 mins easy today and will run 4mins per k tommorrow see how it feels its all good i can say feelling good about the training and dare i say it enjoying it..speak soon jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 26-09-2013

sounding good and positive Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-09-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to type a few lines had a good week of training this far i ran well all week and feel i need an extra rest day which ill will have tomorrow my body's tired and needing a day off.I will do 45 mins easy Sunday then go on to the 5x8 mins Monday at say 3.40 does this sound OK or a bit quicker?? not sure what you think about this speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-09-2013

remember not to try to do too much quality but rather get more towards the aerobic side at least 60% of the training, the 8 minutes at 3.40 per k should be fine

try to relax up on things as you training 'nicely' now, no need to get too 'intense'

all the best

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 30-09-2013

Hi Ed,
will keep it flowing and not going to pressure myself i took an extra rest day today starting to feel a bit tired.No stress keeping it positive and moving forward looking towards the bigger picture and better times ahead.will let you know how i went with the 8 mins @ 3.40 per k which will be tomorrow so speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 30-09-2013

during this period do try to formulate something similar to

Day 3 to Day 8 .. and then to have easy weeks (days) that follow

that way you can become accustomed to the cycles

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-10-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to give you an update on whats been done.I did 3x 1mile at 3.40 per k off a 90 second recovery followed by an easy 30 mins yestoday.Reason been i have a slight niggle in my left glute so ive backed off the training think its a small problem but still the warning shots where there.I have been following the cycle with the day 3 and 8 been quality work.I hope to run easy 40 mins tommorrow and see how things are but if it hurts ill stop and wait until things are better thats all for now regards jon.