Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-10-2013

Thanks Ed
i will do 3x5 mins in the morning should be fun lets hope i can go faster on sunday regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-10-2013

Hi Ed,
just a little update to say I ran 4x1 k this morning to help me stay on pace as I was unsure how far I would get in 5 mins so 3.45-3-50 per k worked out fine with 2 mins recovery in between. I maxed out at 172 bpm and recovered to 130 bpm within the 2 mins..feel pretty together the whole time.so with a bit of rest and will power hope to push on Sunday..over to you sir..

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-10-2013

if you don't go out too fast and still have energy in reserve you should be able to finish quicker and surprise yourself

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-10-2013

Hi Ed,
will keep it around the mid 18 min mark at 5k then try and push on for the last 5 k I've got my racing head on this week I want to push it and see how we go but if I blow up then so be it December will be my next race a month fitter etc...so here we go.Big Grin

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-10-2013

if you were to run a sub 37 minute it would be pretty good, so rather consider a slower first 5k and a stronger finish

what say you

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-10-2013

Hi Ed
I think your idea is a very good idea.plan b would be too dump the watch and just go for it and see what comes of it wearing a watch before has had a mental hold back so if i dont know how fast i am going i will push on at a pace that i feel is ok at and not what the watch says..lets face it i am going to hurt myself either way i am in that sort of mood sub 37 is the target i will be gunning for it...probley think i am crackers lol.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 23-10-2013

Hi Jon, I would run with the watch, so as to build on the positive experience

can only give you further confidence as you build forward

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-10-2013

Hi Ed
your right i am getting myself worked up over nothing ill take the your good advise and do the race the right way so 18.25 ish at 5k then push on hopefully thanks again for talking me round will let sense prevail regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-10-2013

Hi Ed
just to let you know ive taken two block days rest..will do the 6x1 min in the morning and jog for 30mins saturday see what comes of it regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-10-2013

Hi Ed,
where do I start in this story well I can say it was a chilly morning and ideal to run a big field turned out so yes it was going to be hard. You could feel the body heat off everyone on the start line. I set off and let my legs go they where great and moving well the course was undulating that encouraged me to run faster on the down hills and rest on the wing on the climbs. My race just went from strength to strength the old me was out to play getting faster and faster I was praying I wasn't going to suffer as I was on the charge well none off that happened it just got better and the confidence grew to the finish where I belted over the line in 33.38 yes its true 33.38 I can express my gratitude for your help over the last year its amazing what happens when you least expect it. Its obviously gone through my head that the course was short which I asked about think I actually insulted some one but still got to ask.. What I will say is the world off works coming next week for 4 weeks so ill have an easy week next week and take it from there. Thrill to bits thankyou so much regards jon.:notworthy: