Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-11-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks for your post i think all will come together when i get to run on land the two weeks easy runnings done me good...And yes its a bit crazy trying to run fast on a treadmill thats bouncing around ill save the hard work for when i get home next month will keep ticking over and enjoying simple running regards and thanks..

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-11-2013

good stuff .. remember each time you go away, you go a little back, however your rhythm is allowing you to reach new levels on each occasion

so stay patient and the new level should be achieved without a hitch

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-11-2013

Hi Ed,
thanks very much for your post i cant wait until i get off home now,I think it will be april until i work again so let the good times roll as they say regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-11-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to post a few lines as ive had a stoke of luck getting a bit more rest and going on to day shift which is a big bonus so things are looking up..I will do the 2k reps in the morning @3.45 per k the long runs in the bag and i did 45 mins nice and easy today..I will try and be home for the 12th of december and race on the 15th.All in all looking forward to to break and see what the next 4 month off bring ive a feeling its going to be good regards jon.:laugh:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-11-2013

magic Jon

have a grand weekend

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-11-2013

Hi Ed
just wanted to say i did 4x1mile today @3.45 per k went well i might add so looking
forward to the 1k reps i think 3.35 would be good enough for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 23-11-2013

3.35 .. coming along nicely .. hopefully you able to maintain consistency in the session .. build up to going quicker

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-11-2013

Hi Ed
yes sir i think good things are on there way nice and steady does it and a lovely rest day on sunday big zzzzzzz coming up.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-11-2013

grand Jon ...

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-11-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to update you with the training.After a few days where i just stayed in bed and rested and didn't run a step i ran the 1k reps this morning it went very well 5x1 k @ 3.35 felt very good the whole time i should have done 6 really but after feeling very tired prior to this work out i figured it best to be satisfied with what i have just done.. The rest was much needed and has really helped..not sure if i will make my race on the 15th or not yet but i know the training is going well will be in touch after the 5k pace run speak soon and regards jon.