Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 13-12-2013

good stuff

onwards and forwards

:jive:

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-12-2013

Hi Ed,
just to say i wanted to test the waters this morning by planning a 4k time trial which went well i thought it best to run 3.30 per k and keep a steady pace which i did i had ideas to run faster which i felt i could but didn't as i was content on getting a bench mark on reflection i should have opened the taps and seen what was possible but my thoughts where to keep it steady and together and hungry to do more when i get home.My cycle will start Xmas day so i would say that i am in shape to do the reps and times on days required looking good to keep climbing the ladder without any niggles or pain..got to be a good thing regards jon.Big Grin

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-12-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to post a few lines for you to round up what's been going on. Just to recap I ran 4k in 14 mins comfortable so that was good. I did 5x800 this morning in 2.39 to 2.42 been the slowest the rest where 2.40 so that went well as I stated in my last post so ready to get on the cycle next week to put me in line for the 10k race on the 12th of January its going well so will try to uphold the times set on the 35 min program unless you think different that's all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 21-12-2013

it must be great to be back home for Xmas

try to stay relaxed and do the sessions without looking for too much during Day 5 to Day 8 and then after that hopefully things begin to roll in the right direction

all the best

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-12-2013

Hi Ed
yes its great to be home really happy thank you. Got a spring in my step on the trails at present relaxed and happy and ready to let the faster times come back 12th of January is a trail race so 3 weeks on cycle then see what happens all good...merry Christmas to you also and a happy new year best wishes jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-12-2013

Hi Ed
just wondered if you think its worth doing a time trial before starting the cycle or just crack on and see how we go on the 2k reps regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-12-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to say merry Christmas and a happy new year too you and family. I would like to add to pleasure that I can report too running 5x1k reps today 1.3.21
so its all going in the right direction I would say felt fine and good to do a few more if need be the trainings working and really look forward to racing in a few weeks time so big thanks in order its coming together as you said. Will be in touch later till then have a great time over the festive holidays best wishes jon.:jive:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 25-12-2013

nice session .. now where is that 6th 1k Wink

have a splendid time your side

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-12-2013

Hi Ed
i feel a myself blowing a few feathers its hard work this running lark.:jester:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-12-2013

Hi Ed,
just wanted to ask what your thought where on the sub 35 10k program in relation to racing a trail race would this program lend its self to prepare for an off-road race? The obvious thing I can take from your program is to run everything off-road apart from the speed work really everything can be on trails. Looking forward to you reply jon.Smile