Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-01-2014

Hi ED
thanks for getting back to me will follow you on your post nice easy week then and a pace run on the weekend..would the pace run be 5k in 17.30? just asking so i can plan the run.saturday morning sounds nice but will see how quick i recover lesson learned from
last time nothing to fear the trainings working going to enjoy the ride regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-01-2014

stick to 18 minute pace and only accelerate the last 1km

no need to look for speed, it is a simple reminder of the speed

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-01-2014

Hi Ed
thanks for that 18 mins it is then will do 1hour tommorrow easy and keep it ticking along
easy.My Plan is to stay with this until i go to work then go back to build up as it will be all on the treadmill for 4 to 6 weeks.on the bigger scale i want to get the 10k down before hitting a few half marathons and dare i say it have a go at the
marathon..speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 31-01-2014

how things rolling .. did you take an easier week?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-01-2014

Hi Ed
thanks for asking ive had an easy week and some treatment on my left glute today which turns out to be an overuse problem thankfully.i suspected something more sinister but was good to get checked over.So i was told rest for two days and i should be good to go
again.All in all maybe the extra rests a good thing.over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 31-01-2014

at least it was a planned easier week Wink

should be right as rain for next week

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-01-2014

Thanks Ed
feeling fresh thankyou and mentally sound think ill be able to give someone a race..:whistle:regards jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-02-2014

Hi Ed
just wanted to ask about training next week?i will go out for 40 mins easy in the morning
and await your advise one thing to note the race is on saturday for a change so i wont run friday as i will be traveling to the event speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-02-2014

Hi ED
just been out on an easy run for 40 mins still can feel a bit of discomfort if it remains i will go for treatment tuesday and take it from there.IF the worst comes to the worst i will scrap the race and go on cyclel planning to race on the 23rd i think everything will unfold
this week so not going to stress only focus on my pain in the bum so to speak.regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-02-2014

Hi Ed
looks like i am going back on cycle then had some treatment today and feel better but was told best not race saturday..planning to race on the 23rd now been sensible about this regards jon.