Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 04-02-2014

sorry to hear this Jon .. what is the exact diagnosis?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-02-2014

Hi Ed
had a something an nothing problem over use basically so had a few treatments now and i am back running but figured to miss the race will do 1.15 easy distance in the morning
and go from there..might reduce the 2k reps to mile reps to be on the safe side..on the
ment had ultra sound and taking it easy..over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 05-02-2014

Hi Ed
just to let you know i didnt do the long run etc holding back keeping the runs easy until i am out of the woods with my hip problem.on the mend just been extra carefull regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 06-02-2014

rather not run further than 1hr for now

they can still count as aerobic runs

hope the 'flare' clears up soon

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-02-2014

Hi Ed
just to update all is well everthing is settling down nicely i did an hours farlek to see how things are no reaction and able to go nice over the trails..getting the feeling to run a
marathon at the end off the year so may be a few halfs on the cards first over to you good
sir.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-02-2014

Hi Ed,
just wanted to cobble a few lines together and after careful though decided to do what you suggested might be good for me a few weeks ago but I was hell bent on racing. So what I feel is good is to carry on until the end of the month on base phase which in affect I started after my last race due to hip and glute pain I've still got niggles that I am dealing with and feel that keeping it aerobic until the niggles clear up. And get a base phase in rather than trying to push on when I've got issues not a sensible approach I would say. Like to know what you think about this regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-02-2014

good decision .. keep it relaxed .. every 2nd day running at first would bring you back in a more stable way

stay positive, you won't lose much

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-02-2014

Hi Ed
thanks for that it makes sense really time to get the cushioned trail shoes on and relax a
little no point in making this a big problem plus some easy running will be good thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-02-2014

Hi Ed,
wanted to type a few lines to say there is steady improvement in my hip and glute after several visit of shock wave treatment starting to pull round. Further more I am going on a job a week Monday for 3-4 weeks so it will be a case of cross training and use of a treadmill if they have one...all in all will be kind of nice to take a break for a week then start up again. I really want to run a local 10k next Sunday before I go to work then take a rest and heal myself so that I am good to go again mid march. Again things will be good after this short break as my next job will be easy and full gym to play with. So all in all onwards and upwards regards jon.:taped:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-02-2014

was thinking of you today while out on the bike while the boss ran, was going to drop a message and here you post

good stuff

lessons to be learned from this all and you do still sound positive

TheEd