Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-02-2014

Hi Ed
thanks for your post yes many lesson been learned and will be good to chill out from it al
l for a while..thinking that the off period first after a weeks active rest.I will be diving everyday so will be geting so cross training in lol.not only that ive battled with my die hard
style too long.you have never lead me wrong so yes repair and refocus is whats needed thanks again and speak soon regards jon. :yes:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-02-2014

contrary to lessons, some would consider you need to learn because you picked up a niggle

what I want you to see, is that talent is talent, nurture it and the body will deliver

make sure not to overdo things and anticipate too much when the body has delivered for you

read: JamieH - http://www.time-to-run.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2974

to see how he kept hurting himself and now eventually he understands more

Cheers TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-02-2014

Hi Ed
must say its really hard to stop training so going to deal with this in my own little way.i read the threads about the guy getting hurt feel for him as he is obviously very commited which is good to see.I for one stuggle to hold back and let the training happen.Anyhow its
time to good off training then the two weeks easy afterward ive set a goal to race in may
think ill be back together then and doing the thing i love the most will be intouch thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-02-2014

Hi Ed
just wanted to say will be off to work next week so i thought it would be nice too run a local 10k on sunday not worried about times or any of the usual things just go and run and have fun really.speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-02-2014

enjoy the race Jon

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-02-2014

Thanks Ed
will be fun hilly hard course so a steady pace followed by a few days off and relax before work.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-02-2014

Hi Ed
just a few lines in regards to having a break from running and training over the next 3-4
weeks.so just to round up race in the morning followed a few easy days then break 3-4
days shall we say.Afterwards i might only get to x train until i get back home i doute very much i will get to run now so its dammage limitation time..i think a simulation of a 3 week build up might be answer.thought on whats best will be greatly appriciated regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-02-2014

Hi Ed
well what can i say with all good intent of not hurting myself and a couldnt care less
atitude i landed another 35 min 10k lost time at 7k mountain goating a steep climb but all in all great feeling fresh and relaxed..will take a few easy run now as mentioned in my last post just awaiting your thought regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 23-02-2014

nice going Jon .. how are you feeling generally .. maybe a day later you can reply to that

if the niggles are something of the past, then we can consider a light week of running before going on a reduced build-up

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-02-2014

Thanks Ed
yes i think it best i wait a few days to see if everythings ok and take it from there.Like i said i never pushed it today was good just running and enjoying think everything ok but
time will tell regards jon.