Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 05-04-2014

Hi Ed
Just wanted to ask your thoughts about training as i will be going to work on the 21st of april for 3 to 4 weeks so training might dry up badly as i am unsure what gym equipment will be available to me..is it best to finish the 3 week cycle or go back to day 1 and work at the 2k reps again as speed is the problem at the moment..The heat was not so bad today so i think my 4k time will improve greatly when its not 35 degrees as seen even 4mins per k is hard in the heat probley a good time not to be racing anyway..speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-04-2014

if you able to do press ups, sit ups etc when you away?

if there is no running there is no running

so focus on muscle conditioning using your own weight for best effect

TheEd
ps.. thoughts

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-04-2014

HI ED
Had a bit of thinking time about my lay off if it means i cant train well so be it i will find something that raises the pulse and try and focus on that.Feel like i am in a funny position right now going through the cycle running not even close to the target times only to encounter another hurdle in a few weeks time where training might stop..All i can say is it feels like i am saving up for a divorce..wont think to much as i am way off been fit anyhow i dont get hiw i loose my speed so much over a short 3 week build up with some 400s as a part of the build up to prevent this ive actually got worse then i remember in around 3 to 4 years ago..My weight is up also and feel that once ive got back would like a diffrent approch to build ups as the road back to where i left off takes 6 to 8 weeks so not really progressing only returning to old standards have time anyhow to figure it out and adding more volume so thats a plus over to you regards jon

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 08-04-2014

Unfortunately, this is what is happening according to circumstances .. do realise to be a little heavier is better than being injured

you are running, your are positive

it is all about current circumstances, there is no need for further pressure currently

will chat to you privately

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-04-2014

Hi Ed
Left with a difficult choice now money v running think i have to suck it up for a few weeks and go from there really like you say its just how it is really.regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-04-2014

Hi Ed
Just a round up on the training really as i am nearly through my first cycle i would like to run a 4k time trial sunday and see how things are.Felt tired this week and making a big effort to loose weight and get back to the correct weight and form.On a nicer note ive got plenty of time to get myself together for july so i figure just keep going through the cycles and let it unfold thats all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-04-2014

Hi Ed
Think a few lines are in order after all ive been a bit out of shape in terms of weight and form.So as you know i did the 4k time trial it was hot as allways but doable today..Things are going forward and i would say my next cycle start point would be 3.45 per over 2 k and 3.40 per k on the 1k reps over to you ed regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-04-2014

Hi Ed
Just a few lines to say ive found myself a target race on july 6th..plan now is to relax and let the training work.Ive a plan to run bangkok half marathon in november so will focus on adding some miles in on the long runs.I feel that once the 10k times come down over the coming months will line me up to run the half marathon sub 1.20 would be nice lets see how we go regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 15-04-2014

good stuff Jon .. I note you mentioned you went quicker over the 4k time-trial again and things are looking on the up

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-04-2014

Hi Ed
I have a little more time on my hands to fit a race in on the 27th so i would ask you what key sessions you would have me do as there is limited time on my side just want to get some zip back in my legs regards jon.