Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-05-2014

Hi Ed
Just a few lines for you had a bit of a nightmare this morning planned the 4k time trial as mentioned before..well without too much detail i started to vomit on the first rep at 800 meters so i went with it till the 1k and stopped took a short recovery and made a quick decission to try and do some 1k reps the first been 3.33 dispite my hicup.2nd was 3.26 3rd 3.30 4th 3.24 had enough by then considering i had lost alot of fluid..so a bit frustrated but did something rather then bail out totally think it was the early morning coffee fighting with the large amont of water i drank..my thoughs now are to keep things going forward and prepair for july when i will race next..might slip a short build up in at some point but wanted to ask your thoughts first regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 02-05-2014

consider doing 1 cycle of the build up and then we can look to see how everything can be balanced according to circumstances

onwards

TheEd
ps.. travel well

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 05-05-2014

Hi Ed
Few lines for you to update ive had two rest days together too get over the travel and settle into shift etc.The treadmill looks ok so will be able to get going in the morning.Thats all ive got at this point back to the world of treadmills regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-05-2014

Hi Ed
That sounds good too me less stress also regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-05-2014

is everything looking good your side?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-05-2014

Hi Ed
Looks like a steady number and the treadmills getting used well not stressed and focused on building the areobic base its going well over to you Ed.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-05-2014

Hi Ed
Just a few lines to say next week is my last week on build up 3 weeks later and hopefully a bit fitter.Guess the 4k time trial will answer that question for me feeling a bit lighter and quiet fresh on the run so intrested to see where i am at over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-05-2014

Hi ED
Hope all is well with you and life is good.My 3 week build up is coming to an end this week so ready to test the waters got a strange craving to try and run fast so just need to finish up the build up and go on cycle..seen a 10k on sunday which might be a good test to blow the cobwebs out failing that a 4k time trial either way want to see where i am at over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-05-2014

let me know what you intend doing in the end .. try to plan what races are coming up and what the requirements would be via training

plan for better results Big Grin

good to feel your positivity

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-05-2014

Hi Ed
My plan will be to race on the 22nd of june a 10k near home.My way of thinking is too do a time trial on plot race in and around the coming month.I would say that to go on cycle is the way to go until i go back to work at the end of next month and start a build up again over to you and looking forward to hear your thoughts...alot of ideas but want to try a 4k and see where we are at.over and out jon.